Androne

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Values, The Strength of a Man

Service was great. Even as I was serving, the moment I stepped into the hall for awhile, tears welled up in my eyes when they sang this song. It was just awesome.

My paper was a bit disappointing least to say, I left one and a half questions blank. =/ But I really thank God, that the things I studied came out, and the things I didnt manage to study, didnt come out. And I think, thats really the favor of God.

He did it once, for my O levels, haha, those who were mugging Social Studies with me will know, lol..the things I studied came out, the things I didnt manage to study didnt come out.

1. Loyalty
2. Commitment
3. Respect
4. Accountability
5. Family
6. Love
7. Faithfulness
8. Hardwork
9. Integrity
10. Generosity

These are the 10 foundations, not just us as believers, but I believe everyone should have as their core foundation in their lives if they wanna build anything that last, whether is it relationships, marriage, family, education or their careers.

One shouldnt just build their lives on talents or abilities alone, but its all about character! Its all about values! What are VALUES?

They are:

1. Visible - they form your identity.

Looks and talents may get you there, but its character that keeps you there!

2. Attract - they are like a magnet. People of value will draw other people of value. You become who you follow, so dont blame circumstances, dont blame others when you're feeling bad about yourself or when you're feeling down. Take ownership of your own emotions! Of your own life!

I dont believe in fate. Fate is really for lazy, irresponsible, undecisive people.

3. Lead - they are like a compass. They point you the direction. Right values point you to the right direction, wrong values point you to the wrong direction.

4. Unite - they are like glue.

Your character is something only YOU can change.


Even God doesnt have the power to change your character, He can only help you and guide you, ultimately, the choice is yours.

5. Establish - they are like a foundation. I came up with this really cool revelation a few days ago. A right foundation is firm and unshakable. So how do you know if you have the wrong foundations? When your life is shaky and messed up. (When it shakes lor haha )

Its simple common sense. X cannot be Y, Y cannot be X.

6. Standard - they are like a ruler.

Your attitude determines your altitude.

Its not about what you do, its about how you do, the joy, the passion that comes with doing. Its not about what you say, but about how you say. Sometimes we can feel like NOT saying anything, but really, the worse things a person can say...is nothing.

This shows a person cant be bothered, a person is double-minded, the person is not willing to rise up to the occasion. Configure your values the right way! Dont just do the good thing, do the right thing!

Well, I didnt exactly got all the notes, just here and there...and the main points, so yea, celgrp later, then rush down for JW service! Yeah! hahaha..I love JW. And FINALLY!!! OVERNIGHT PRAYER MEETING! WOOHOO! lol.

I shall end with the quotes on really, the strength of a man:

The strength of a man isn't seen in the width of his shoulders.
It's in the width of his arms that encircle you.

The strength of a man isn't in the deep tone of his voice.
It's in the gentle words he whispers.

The strength of a man isn't how many buddies he has.
It's how good a buddy he is with his children.

The strength of a man isn't in how respected he is at work.
It's in how respected he is at home.

The strength of a man isn't in how hard he hits.
It's in how tender he touches.

The strength of a man isn't in the hair on his chest.
It's in his heart, that lies within his chest.

The strength of a man isn't how many women he's loved.
It's in being true to one woman.

The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift.
It's in the burdens he can carry.

WOW! =)

How do you know, when someone says, "I understand what you are going through", really means it? When he is able to be an encouragement. And how is he able to do that? You cant really encourage someone unless you have been there before, and you came out of it victorious.

I have been through a lot, and I really thank God that He didnt waste my experiences. I realised how Im able to encourage so many people, publicly, privately, is not because Im super spiritual or super discerning, its really, the things I go through, is the summation of everything and everyone I have encouraged.

The more people I can encourage, simply reflects the more tough times, Ive gone through and some things that I went through, will forever remain a scar. Yes its been healed, yes the bleeding has stopped, but its there, to serve as a mark, of a God of the impossible, of the God who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can ask or think..

Not by our own strengths, but according to the power, that works in us.

It is the grace of God that carried me through my darkest days. Its not easy being an encourager, it really isnt. I have to go through so many things, and I really thank God for bringing me to where I am.

Its really not about me, its about the one, its about Him, whom I live for, whom I laid down my life for and say, take all of me, in exchange for all of You..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home