Androne

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bored, Revelations, Reflections

I woke up late today. not because I overslept. but because I forgot today got lesson O_O. I thought the end of FYP is the end of my semester...BUT I keep on forgetting that I still have one more module to finish :x GOSH. What a huge turnoff for my excitement.

I missed one tutorial and one lecture already. I cant afford to miss anymore. Was supposed to continue on my website to finish it this week. also..gotta finish my bible reading for january.

As I sat at the laptop, eating sugar cuttlefish..(Btw, I just fell in love with Sugar Cuttlefish HAHA), my mind started to wonder off. Which it always does whenever Im alone and doing nothing much.

And as I sat there I began to reflect on 2007, what were some of the lessons Ive learnt that I could bring over to 2008.

One of which was something Ps Tan said:

You will never be empowered, you will never be anointed, until you take the step forward and take responsibility and ownership!

You dont need faith when things are going well, you dont really need God much if you are doing something you're comfortable or used to doing; something easy.

And I began to put those statements on my msn, to remind myself, everytime I turn on the comp, I see the word of God and I remind myself and help myself to stay focused.

Someone msg me, "chill man..who offended you this time? lol". haha nobody did. I wasnt referring to anyone on my msn nick/statement, its just a reminder for myself, but if people get convicted then its no longer me, but God..lol..because its just a reminder to myself.

Thats how I grow, by feeding off the right things.

Im not afraid of discipleship, Im not afraid of people telling me the right things in my face. Adam told me the greatest asset is teachability. You can have all the best sermons, all the nicest friends, all the happiest successes in your life, but if you're unteachable..then all these things are nothing more than just waste before you.

You can have a rotting fish, or you can have a hawaiian pizza placed right in front of you, but if you dont CHOOSE to eat it, then you're not gonna enjoy anything, you're not gonna benefit from anything, you'll just remain the same, and your circumstances will never change!

Personally for myself, during those times spent practicing with Adam, he emphasised teachability, time and time again. For weeks, for months, its all about teachability.

They always say, a healthy church is a growing church, likewise, a healthy individual is a growing individual. Growing in spirituality, productivity and character.

There is no point in trying to mould a stone brick, no matter how hard you press against it, the shape isnt gonna change.

Dont be:

1. A solid person: Unteachable, unmouldable.

"Oh, I am so firm!" Yea, you are so firm that when change comes to lead you to another level, you simply ignore it or worse, you dont even realise it.

2. A gaseous person: Comfort lover, naive, simpleton, unstable.
"Whatever will be, will be." Not willing to take initiative. "Ohhh, if its fated, its fated lor."

Luck and fate is for the lazy! Trust me, even if things are fated, you are not fated to be fated! Hello???
"Ohhh..I am fated by fate so that my fate can be fated by the type of fate my life is fated to be."

O_O Come on..DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! LOL.

Even animals dont give a damn about luck or fate, they see food, they eat. They see danger, they escape. Come on, have some common sense. God said, "Give me your heart."

So keep your brain! lol.

But be:

3. A liquid person: Flexible, adaptive, make full use of whatever 'container' of life you're placed in, making every second count and learn to flow.

The mark of maturity is the ability to be led by the Spirit.

Where did I get these from? Personal revelations during QT haha. Thats how I learn, thats how I grow. Not just by experiences alone, but by revelation.

I liked what AR Bernard once said:

Knowledge that goes in influences the way you think.
The way you think influences your beliefs.
Your beliefs influence how you value your self-esteem.
Your self-esteem determines your actions and behaviour.
Your actions and behaviour has certain results.
The results you experience form your habits.
And your habits determine your success or failure.

In short:

Knowledge - Thinking - Beliefs - Self-esteem - Actions/Behaviour - Results - Habits - Success/Failure

Its not just about how you think...

No doubt that's important. Whats important is WHAT DO YOU ALLOW INTO YOUR MIND? Always ask yourself, who told you that?

Thats why its important to guard our hearts and minds. Ps kong said before:

The atmosphere around you is determined by 3 things:

The thoughts you think.
The words you say.
The songs you sing/listen to.

First 2 sounds okay, but songs? Yes. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word. Likewise, fear, sadness, doubt, "emo", comes by hearing too. God spoke, and there was light. God spoke, and the rain stopped.

Its not just about God speaking, its about the principalities that He spoke to, that LISTENED.

God can speak to you, and yet you are not sensitive enough to listen. Imagine, you wanna love your friends more, or you're simply trying to find a partner and you listen to songs like:

"You aint got no love today..."

And you listen everyday..."You aint got no love....EVERYDAY???"

HELLO? Earth calling Mars? Or Venus? Really...HELLO! O_O LOL! Gosh, what is the world coming to. Hahaha.

Okay, I think this post is long enough LOL. Ill continue tonight. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home