Androne

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Star Throwers

SERVICE

Service was awesome. Its been ages since Ps Tan had the chance to speak. And service was certainly awesome. Even though the PnW was kinda funny, for me at least, cus of the 'modified' praise song..

yes, Run To You is an emerge praise song, but i think they changed it, lyrics and melody. :O i prefer e older one..haha. ask me if u want, i have the emerge version :P

message was about making a difference and being a star thrower! even though its just one person, one person is still a difference. i remembered what God said, never despise the days of small beginnings.

i rem what ps said, in 1995 all it took was a group of 1500, who heard and internalised the message on making a difference to start forth a revival that resulted in more than 23000 members.

right now, as part of the 'new' 23,000, having heard the message on making a difference, what are you gonna do about it? its one thing to love God, its one thing to love people, its one thing to believe, but its another thing to COMMIT to and ACT on it!

many people want to believe, many people want to love, but the moment you mention commitment, sacrifice, responsibility, accountability and discipleship, they back off, they fall out. and that separates believer from disciple, the immature from the mature!

what good is it, if you can prophesy, you can perform signs and wonders, but yet without love, you are still NOTHING!

either you're hot or you'e cold. dont be lukewarm. God rather you worship and serve Him with ALL your heart, soul and strength...or not serve Him at all.

Ps always says:

If He is not your Lord of all, He is not your Lord at all.

Many people recognise Jesus as Saviour, "save me from my family, save me from my friends, save me from my poverty and sickness.." but they never make Him their LORD! but not here. CHC is not a place for believers, in a way..CHC is a place for true DISCIPLES! people who take up their cross daily and follow Him!

Its not a place for the shallow, its not a place for the superficial and nominal.

An interesting incident happened to me during towards e end of the sermon..

Before the offering even started..already during praise and worship, God was already prompting me.."Andrew, how much do you trust me? You did great last week, are you gonna do it again this week?"

And immediately after God said that to me, Ps said, "God is asking today..'How much do you love Me? How much do you love Me?'

and i will always remember the scene during easter drama..the scene when Jesus asked Peter 3 times, "Peter, do you love me?" And He asked again and again.

And i remembered i sat there, almost tearing and i said, "God, I love You..God let me decrease and let You increase.."

but there was a turn of events. When the offering message was preached, i began to look at my circumstances, i thought, God, I wanna do this, i wanna do that, God i think i just give my small note itll be enough..afterall, God ull understand..besides, i have given both my tithe and offering at the same time..

at first i felt the peace of God..so i thought maybe it was okay and God understood..but..deep down, I really wanted to give that big note, but it meant so much to me.

But i made the decision, God, even though You say, dont need/its okay..i will still give to You because I love You and i will show my extent of love with my measure of sacrifice.

and God's presence overwhelmed me to tears. And God kept on saying, "Andrew, its okay, you dont have to give me so much.." but i knew, deep down, i loved God more than life itself. and i took that step of faith and stepped out of my comfort zone.

And i felt God smile.

It takes love to obey God, but it takes PASSION to go the extra mile!

If your giving doesnt touch your heart, it will never touch God's heart. and cg offering message was revelational to me also..adam said and ps also said before, an offering is still an offer, God can decide whether to accept it or reject it.

and i told myself, every week, when I give to God, i want every offering to touch my heart. every week, let every offering be an opportuity to give my precious.

and God began to encourage me, cus i thought, God, if i give so much to You now, how am i gonna give a decent amt for the building fund?

and God said, dont worry about the building fund. its not about how much you give, its about the attitude in which you give, even though the amount ure giving might be small..even though its unequal amount, its equal sacrifice!

and i was so touched and encouraged.

BEFORE SERVICE

before svc was quite interesting..queued beside wyelin the androne-stabber LOL. keep on stabbing my side and my shoulders (from ALL directions! lol) wyelin, if i make a video outside my house definitely cannot have you lol..ull make me look so unglam and clowny..boohoo lol :S

*turn left, turn right..turns behind..then kena laughed by her cgm. T_T waaaah. THANKS! lol =/

met QY said hi and chatted awhile..then met thad outside hall 8 to get my iced milo..haha. chatted awhile with thad and adam then went back in.

yea..has some mini craps session with cassariel LOL. she and her trademark "*flings eyelashes" haha. oh ya, i know this post is a bit long. but i like long posts. haha. if ur God is real, if you really love God, then your life wont be boring, you'll have many exciting adventures with God..both in e natural, as well as in e supernatural!

If someone is your lover, you'll naturally have lots of things to talk about the person. and ull want to boast about how great God is in your life! =)

AFTER SERVICE

before i start on this part, i learnt a new term from 'round-round' aka TYR haa. He was talking to me about WAR (Wayne, Adam, Rhonda) haha..but i prefer to call our 3 cgs combined, RAW..WAR just doesnt sound right haha.

So yea..had fellowship with RAW after dinner lol. (W460, E420, E406). ate at singpost food court in e basement. actually the food there is not bad, the ambience is really good to chill out, and theres hardly anyone also..great place to fellowship, have dinner and to chill around hearing 'militant songs' and cold jokes. haha.

and also, hearing thad sabo adam, jianhao sabo rhonda, then adam i think buay tahan then end up sabo wayne hahaha! oh yes..man..esther's tie is really eye-catching O.O lol

took train back with pam, joyce, rhon, bro, thad, emma and desmond. did some funny things like grabbing *'pamela' and then hitting each other's hands while grabbing the *'pole'. haha. ok, i think she's gonna kill me LOL. =/

at boonlay stn bumed into stella, she had to wait for sis to call in about 15-30 minutes time. and so..she had nowhere to go for e time being, so i did something i have never done before! its like almost midnight. and it was a really strange night haha

i accompanied her to the exercise park downstairs my block..sat on a bench and started talking, sharing and catching up with life and celgrp, until her sis came to pick her up.

but u might say, its good i did that and looked after her what..so whats so strange about it? well..simply put..ive never stayed up with a girl so late and to sit alone in a park and chat. :$ yea..guess theres always a first time for everything lol..i was something new to me haha.

thats what makes walking with God exciting. haha. but yea..thank God, its okay to have such experiences, with fellow brothers and sisters and furthermore, i knew her since evan's cg days. so yea..we're both 'safe' haha.

if it were someone else, i wouldnt have known what happen haha. but i know i did the right thing. im serving later and have to wake up at 430am reach expo by 645am. i couldve gone up to sleep and let her wait for her sis alone..but i didnt. i took initiative, i took responsibility.

okay, i must say something

during dinner i admit i was feeling a little down. i began to remember that my entire week's allowance is no longer with me, and i started feeling emotional heartpain :S and i started having thoughts like:

who would go out/fellowship with someone like me, who's always giving and sacrificing so much. next time, what if i go on a date/celgrp dinner, and in that same week, God asked me to give my precious..then would I lose face? will people leave me?

even if it happens, i told myself, people will leave, but God, i will still follow you, i will love you even more, i will serve you even more, good times or bad times, You are the God of my forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home