Androne

Friday, May 23, 2008

Secret Place, Revelations, Happenings

The past few days have been experiential for me.

A few days ago went jogging with tor, shi, kar, laughing kar and another of their member, (dont know the name :S), jogged 6 rounds non stop round boon lay sec. I heard its around 4.8-5km. Hmm, I dont know, I just needed to be alone, to get things off my mind.

After that went to macs with tor, kar, laughing kar and the 'other member' gosh, I need something to name him..lol..anyone? =/ Met up with amber. She' so funny lol.

Amber: I came here just for you, you know?
Andrew: Aww Im so touched.
Amber: (Touched?) I like.

Wahahaha..faint! =|

Sat there and listened to Tor share his jokes haha. Then went home after a short while.

Today was literally home the whole day, no guitar lesson, no nothing. And I miss NP Canteen1 kaki fuyong and chicken chop/cutlet haha..I miss the fish n chips too, chicken butter rice from canteen3, and canteen4's jap and western. =/

So I took a trip down, all by myself, to NP canteen1 just to have lunch.

Well, on one hand, I was hungry and was craving for NP food. On the other hand, I make it an effort to have lunch with God at least once every week. So I just sat there, alone, by the edge, stared at the scenery and enjoyed my food, talking to God.

And its in those times when Im alone, God speaks to me the most and I just had a revelation:

Sometimes we pray,
Sometimes we talk to Him.
But why is it...
There are times He doesnt reply?

He is nice, gentle and patient.
He doesnt cut people's conversations.
And so..whats the reason?

Its pretty simple.

Its because He is waiting for our heart and our minds to stop talking.

Most of the time, our head spins so quickly, but our heart is slow to engage Him.

After the lunch, went home with seowshi. We shared many things on the bus, and even though I may be in church for a longer time, there were still things I learnt from her.

Just came back from jogging.

Many times, people come to me and thank me for this and that, but it should be me who's thanking God, for placing so many great people in my life.

I mean, just reading Tor's blog never fails to inspire me. Even though there are ups and downs in his life, yet he is someone genuine. His cg is such a warm place to be in. I remembered when I was playing for Amber for one month, every week was a moment I could never forget...

Not only because of the presence of God, but because its the people.

Young as they may be, though they dont have much, yet every week you see them smile, every week you see them worship, the older ones helping the newer ones, its just such a moving sight.

They may not be the most 'outstanding' cg, or the biggest, or the most 'professional', but its the little things that they do that make a difference.

Sometimes we just take the things we have for granted, being in a fun and happening cg, its so easy to forget where we came from..

I will never forget those days...

I took the guitar alone in my room, cried buckets, not knowing how to play the guitar.

I had no one to teach me, yet with tears in my eyes, I forced myself to play. I just kept on strumming downwards, my chords were nothing, I sounded horrible, yet I cried all the more,

"God, I want to play for You, God I want to worship You, You are such a nice God, I cant stand myself for playing such horrible tunes to You.."

And I would feel so discouraged and sad that I couldnt even worship God properly.

Thats how I started out.

Man looks at the outward appearance,
But God looks at the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home