Androne

Thursday, June 04, 2009

My Youngest Encounter, Ahgong, Younger Days

Hmm, since wyelin asked, I suddenly remembered an encounter even before I came to chc. It was like during my sunday school days, but back then, I didnt really consider myself a christian, since it was just religion, duty to me and I hadnt had the ability to reason or have any form of relationship with this 'God' at that time.

And so, I remembered once, when I was young, at the main road below my ahma's house's block, think I was waiting for someone to alight, cant rem if it was my parents or someone.

I was the short, round, specky guy. No need to imagine so hard, just visualize a ball. =O

And so, I was opening the taxi door, standing on the double yellow line, just at the kerb. Whoever I waited for, has alighted, I closed the door. Hmm, now I cant remember. Was I waiting for someone to alight or to accompany someone to see e person off? :S

Anyway, I was at the double yellow line, closing the door. And I remained there. Looking into the cab curiously, not knowing that my feet was in between the front the rear tyres, placed under the taxi. I think the driver didnt know I was there, so he drove off.

And the moment he did, I felt something went on top of my feet. It wasnt painful. I was wearing slippers btw. This was in pri sch or kindergarten days cant rem. I was small, short, round, thats it lol.

And so, I felt something go over my foot. Instinctively, I looked left, right, at my foot, to see what it was. I saw nothing on my feet nor in the vicinity of the kerb. It felt like a 1.5l plastic bottle rolled across my foot.

And I saw the cab, a distance off, already driven away.

I thought to myself back then, 'oh, the taxi ran over my foot'. And I walked off to went to buy my tidbits. I guess at that time, I had no concept thinking that a car driving over my foot would hurt. Ive not seen it happen before, it didnt even exist in my brain. I was just the boyboy, who loves to eat and doesnt like people to talk to him.

I could still remember that day...ahgong brought me to the arcade to play, like he always does, every weekend when Im there... He would give me 2 dollars, 5 dollars, walk me to the arcade at queensway shopping centre, I could still remember the name: Circus Circus. There would be 1 at level 1, another at level 3, outside Macs.

I would divide the money equally and go to both. Each time, ahgong would walk me there, follow me into the arcade and see me play. He would always be smiling, with one hand holding my hand..with another hand, holding an umbrella to help him walk... :'(

Sometimes he would give me 10 dollars, which I said I dont want, yes..at that age (pri sch) I already felt bad taking money from people, but he would still insist, so I kept it for the week after...

Because he dotes on me the most, he would sometimes give me more than he gave my brother. I would accept it just so I could see him smile, but later in the week, I would still give the remaining extras to Anthony.

Looking back, I really dont know how to thank God enough. For all He's done for me even before I knew Him, for all the people in my life...I remembered I used to hate my dad when I was young, now I love him and Im able to understand why he did or said the things he did/said.

But when I did hated him, back then, AhGong would be my role model. Mummy too. Sometimes, they wouldnt say much, all they did was give and I felt loved everytime they gave, whether is it finances or time. So since young, Ive always wanted to give because I like it when people smile.

Now, having grown up, I realized that both mummy and daddy are givers. Even as a young boy, even if I couldnt feel the love, yet one thing I felt was the sacrifice and the giving. And that has immesed into my being, since young and Ive grown up with it.

I grew up, feeling lousy about myself, cus I was fat and ugly and no one would befriend me. I didnt like talking to people and didnt like to be talked to. I had this perception that anyone who opens their mouth or talks to me will make me cry, and whoever I talked to, will also make me cry. So I avoided people.

Who wouldve known that now, the quiet, lonely boy is now interpreting dreams, giving revelations, giving money away like bananas, laying hands and praying for the sick.

You can never reason God, you can never explain God.
You can only live God out.

CHC - One Life, One Love

Who am I
That You would know me from the start
Set me apart
Who am I
That You would place eternity
Into my heart

You have given to me
More than this world could give
My purpose is found in You

One life, I lay at Your altar
One love, I have with You
Touch me again
Fill me as You hold
My outstretched hands
One word, You know I will follow
One heart, broken to You
Use me again
Your mercies follow me
For all my days

In Your presence
In Your power
Holy Spirit I surrender

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home