Androne

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Relational Quotient (RQ), Randoms, Alcohol

Humans are selfish people.

They make you their friend because they have felt good one way or another.
After that, you're nothing but just another disposable person to them.

They love because they can benefit from you, not because they really love you,
Not even because they are obedient.

Forget true love, even people who are obedient, love even though they dont feel like.
Let alone people who claim they have 'true love', which should motivate you even more.

Whether is it friends, family or God.

God is love.
No God, no love.

How you treat people, is how you treat God.

People who communicate very little,
Usually pray very little.

People who are non-responsive to messages, calls or smses,
Usually take their own sweet time and convenience with God.

People who cant lend without having the need to return back,
Usually just want God for the blessings and hardly experience intimacy with Him.

Whats true in the natural, is true for the spiritual.

If there was a quotient to base this on, it would be our RQ (Relational Quotient).

Being salt and light is not a just a matter of having the substance,
Its about being able to deliver it.

What are our minds often occupied with? Work? Exams? Sex? Games? People? or God?

Our mind is like an autopilot.
Whoever sits inside, will steer the course of our lives.

For me, I have a very strong conviction on this.
Having this revelation has blessed me tremendously.

Yes, where you are is the result of your own actions.
But the actions you take, is the result of who's the priority in your life.

People can get so passionate with things, people, celebrities, sports.
But when it comes to God, you hardly feel anything.

When people look at us, what do they see?

Do they see money, do they see a computer, do they see abs and huge biceps, do they see expensive clothing, do they see a soccer ball, a devil, or do they see God?

Even for myself, sometimes when people think of me, they think of computer games.
Well, I dont know to what extent, but I just get the hunch.

But the moment I dreamt of heaven and saw Jesus,
My whole life changed.

Yes, its a privilege, but why me? Why cant it be you?
Am I any special? Any different from you? Of course not.

Its not about what you do,
Its about who you are.

Like Dr AR Bernard said, (Ill try to find the notes)

Yes, the way we think is very important.
How we think affects our beliefs, our beliefs influence our actions,
Our actions have consequences, remember the flowchart?

But as much as we try to change our thinking,
It is the INFORMATION we allow into our heads that determines the way we think!

You can give birth to a healthy and strong baby.
Just feed it BigMac all day and he will die of high cholesterol.

Same with our minds,
You can be strong-minded, but once you feed it with the wrong things,
It starts affecting your values and beliefs.

Yesterday there was a case I came across...

A husband comes home after a drinking session,
Kicks her wife in the back and threatened to kill her.
Why? Because she didnt cook. O_O

The husband demanded why!
She nicely explained that there were no more ingredients and that she was sorry.
But the husband physically abused her, just like that.

Something so small, something so petty...why?
And the wife was saying, he was a nice person,
He ONLY becomes abusive and violent after he drinks.

What does that mean? It means NATURALLY, he's a nice man.
It was just for a moment, all because of a drink.

At age of 20, people drink excessively, you may not feel the effects yet.
When you reach your 30s and 40s, they damage starts showing itself.
By then, its too late.

Alcohol makes one high, makes one forget sorrows. How?
By severing brain connections. These connections are related to our judgement, emotional and responsive capabilities.

Slowly, year by year, mood swings show, they MISUNDERSTAND people more easily, they get more 'blur', not alert, etc.

Once these connections are severed, they do NOT grow back.

In other words, one cup is all you need to have permanent damage, and you live with it, for life. Sounds scary but its true. Our body regenerates and grows cells back, except our eyes, ears and our brain. These cells will be the same ones, we live with, from the day we are born, till the day we die. They are irreplacable.

Not that drinking is wrong, its just at your own discretion. Then what about red wine? Its the fermented grapes, not the alcohol lol.

Afterall, I dont drink partly also because ps kong doesnt drink, and if it works for him to build one of the greatest churches and experience such great breakthroughs and encounters with God, I wanna have what he has and follow him.

When I collected my grandpa's ashes, deep inside the bones, even after cremating, you see dark red spots. These are permanent damage caused by excessive painkillers. They stick and infect the inside of your bones.

Thats why I dont take panadol unless absolutely necessary, and I dont drink, not even one cup. I wanna be alert for God. If I want to encourage people, if I want to discern spirits, I cannot afford to have my alertness and judgement capability impaired.

And by the grace of God, I only visit the doctor at most 1-2 times a year.

Im seldom sick, even if I am, they would recover overnight. There was once I had food poisoning, my face was blue, I was in pain, rashes and spots started appearing, and I had a high fever, I felt like dying, just laying on my bed.

But next day, it was gone. Thats food poisoning, I havent seen the doctor, I never took any medication. I just prayed. Not that doctors are bad, its just that God was the first person I thought of.

Even if I go through depression, without anyone being there for me, without anyone encouraging me, Im able to pull myself out of it in 24hrs.

Who will you allow into your pilot cockpit today?

God doesnt use the capable,
God uses the available.

God doesnt call the qualified,
He qualifies the called.

Dont just have the ashes and powder.
Add fire of passion to it and make your life a sweet smelling aroma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home