Androne

Saturday, November 15, 2008

2 testimonies/encounters..

First testimony..i dont know if this is a testimony..but anyway, ill make this short and sweet.

This week during in camp training, on one of the days, i suddenly have e urge to go cut my hair. yes, i had my new haircut..no more shave-all-the-way, i cut my sides..so my center/top can spike now haha.

anyway, after queueing for 20minutes, i finally arrived one person before the barber in front. at that moment, commander suddenly appeared and called everyone to fall in. he was already shouting outside and counting down..

my heart pulpitated. dang..should i, shouldnt i? ive waited soo long. then my sql said, never mind, when ure done come out. everyone was already in pumping position and getting punished, cus someone went night jogging alone and went missing, not until an hr later he came back.

anyway, so i was panicking in the barber, im like.."escaping punishment, disobeying orders, etc.." on one hand, i felt guilty, on e other hand, i just couldnt bear to walk out now.

after my haircut, i went out and joined e rest in pumping position. i really thank God.

I was there for 10 minutes, while the rest were there for 30 minutes suffering. Okay, it might sound wrong but im glad, i was the only one who had it 'easy'? =/But really, everyone was breaking the rules, indulging in sin, etc..and i was the only one putting in my effort, doing my best, etc..

Honestly, i got a bit fed up at everyone. some of u might know how much i complained about the people there, but in a way, it kinda paid off that night. God did say, no harm will befall us and we would see the punishment of the wicked.

Thank God i didnt take things into my own hands, even though so many times i felt like getting angry, but i decided to let it out..to whoever that took time and energy to hear my rubbish..thanks.

Second testimony..happened just now.

Today was tiring, woke up 430-445am..did PT, etc..went for excursion to ISD (internal security dept), e same place MSK escaped, etc. I shouldnt reveal much, its a high security place. Near thompson road.

From there, accompanied 2 guys home via cab (one to commonwealth, the other to chinese garden), before i reached home. Paid 20 bucks. But i felt it was worth it..sowing a seed into people's lives. We are blessed to be a blessing right?

Anyway, had dinner, and rushed to suntec. I was 1.5hrs late! =( Im tired, and now I felt depressed, etc..whatever emotions i had, you probably knew already.

tired, worn out, emotionally drained, i went home. everyone alighted and soon, only me, thad and the twins were left. girls..sec 1 only you know! :S

Anyway..at commonwealth, they asked a very random, interesting question:

"andrew, would you rather take the train all e way to boon lay urself, or alight at je and take our parents car?"

- their parents were picking em up from JE. parents just finished cg too, around that area. btw, all 4 of us stays in boonlay.

anyway, most people in my position, would choose.."Hah? so troublesome..waste time, etc." and would rather go all e way home to sleep, blablabla..

But something made me and thad decide to go.

Upon reaching at JE, the twins led us to their parents car, which was parked at the traffic light, just below the track. Along e way, we walked along the dark pavement by the grass.

And guess who was there? 3 indians consuming something, which my intuition tells me, it was drugs. They were behaving violently and disorderly. Thad was talking to e twins in front, i was e only one at e back.

Suddenly when i walked past..one of em, spat on the floor, and took a glass bottle.

"Eh PIG! OEI AH PUI! NEVER SEE INDIAN BEFORE IS IT? COME HERE NOW!"

They went on shouting, looking for a confrontation. I knew, being the one at the back, if they attacked, i would be the first one to kena. Yet, i was calm, maybe cus im too sleepy lol, we continued walking.

They were shouting behind, somehow i felt they were gonna charge towards me with their bottles, etc, and attack. But surprisingly, my heart never even pulpitated ONCE.

Me and thad were like thanking God, we wouldnt know what would happen if we werent there! =S adam was telling me, 'well done mr policeman' haha. even though i was unarmed, i won LOL. Because God is my offense and my defense!

(and to all girls..please do NOT walk alone in dark areas at night!) I know ull feel safe with me around, but sorry i cant be there all the time..hahahaha..okay whatever..

Below is psalms 91 in GNT, its the first verse i read and impacted me when i first enlisted. never knew it would mean so much until this week.

Whoever goes to the Lord for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty, can say to him, "You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust." He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly diseases. He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you. You need not fear any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day or the plagues that strike in the dark or the evils that kill in daylight. A thousand may fall dead beside you, ten thousand all around you, but you will not be harmed. You will look and see how the wicked are punished.

You have made the Lord your defender, the Most High your protector, and so no disaster will strike you, no violence will come near your home. God will put his angels in charge of you to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands to keep you from hurting your feet on the stones. You will trample down lions and snakes, fierce lions and poisonous snakes. God says, "I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as Lord. When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble, I will be with them. I will rescue them and honor them. I will reward them with long life; I will save them."

The last few sentences really blew me away and hit me straight in my heart..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home