Androne

Sunday, November 02, 2008

CG and Men's talk

Service was good. Just that, talking about doing something unusual, my offering envelop was empty, except for a few coins and my pledge card.

Because I left my wallet at home. =/ Thats how blur and troubled Ive become.

Anyway, putting that aside, as I lifted my offering envelope to pray during offering time, pastor kong said something that was revelational to me.

He began to pray and as he prayed, he said, "God, this envelope represents our life.." Well..isnt that what he used to say? But to me, it was different. My envelope was almost empty, just like my life, running on empty. And God began to speak to me..

"You see this envelop in your hand? Its just like your life right now, empty. But remember how you used to put x amount inside, and slowly, it went up to xx amount every week. From 1 digit to a 2 digit figure. There will come a time, you will see 3 digit offerings, 3 digit tithes. I will give seed to the sower. Just as how it represents your life, I will bless you. Your life may be empty now, but it will increase, and at the end of the day, you will receive even more than what you've given, more than what you've sacrificed.."

I held up the envelope with tears in my eyes...tears that only God saw. Before people, I may try to smile and encourage and sometimes, to be who people want me to be...but with God, I can afford to be broken, to be myself. No other friend do I have, whom I can pour out my tears to..

After service, went to bedok. There adam and thomas shared many revelational stuffs to me. That kinda came at the right time.

Maturity is trusting God enough to obey without asking why.

Can God count on you to get anything done?

It doesnt matter how much you do for people, or for God.
What matters is, how far are you willing to go? To outdo everyone else..
Even if you're the only one?

If all of christianity is a hoax, and if God and Jesus, supposedly,
Never existed all along.
Will you still continue to love,
Will you still continue to serve, will you still worship?


Only do; Just believe.

Employees are willing to put in their best for their employer why?
Because they get their salary from him. They can see it, feel it with their senses.
It is tangible.

But for us, we cant tangibly or physically see our reward, yet are we gonna slacken?

How much God can do in a person's life, is not because he goes to church,
Neither is it because he has completed bible study, or took on a leadership position, but because the measure God can move in your life,
Is dependent on your measure..

..of surrender.

How can God paint a colourful portrait of your life when all you give Him is 2B pencils?

Its one thing to trust in God. Its another thing to surrender.
You can trust and rely on God and yet trust Him with NOTHING.
Its like you saying to your friend, "Im gonna give you a present".
And your hands are empty. *What an imaginary present.

Are you giving God your imaginary life?

Anyway, back to topics haha..talking about doing something unusual to see a manifestation, Im gonna go to JW church JUST TO pay my tithe. It really means alot to me. I literally cried when I realised I didnt bring God's 'gift'. =/

Going to bedok for make up cel later. It starts at 2 but Ill reach at 130 to practice guitar. Yeah, Im going as a make up member, to serve LOL! =O Itll prob end at 4 and I have to rush back home to book in, no time for myself =S And I have to buy toiletries, etc.

But God just moved me.

"Who are you living for?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home