Androne

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Service, Encounter

Recording was okay today, just had problems with some buzzing from the chinese interpreter. Service was awesome I must say. Despite me serving, I managed to catch something.

Tmr after cg, Ill be attending Jurong SVC. I heard Ps Kong played the guitar in Service1. So awesome, too bad I missed it. I hope he would do it tomorrow haha. Maybe he didnt do it today in Svc2 because Bel was not there? Hmm.

Fellowship was great. Really happy than Khank could make it for dinner.

Something happened to me while I was walking out, an encounter that Ill remember for as long as I live. =)

This particular usher has been on my mind for a long time. Since I attended AFV BS classes onwards because he was in the same class as me at YMCA back then. We never knew each other, there was really something in him that drew me and caught my attention.

He's prob in his 50s or 60s, about 172-174cm tall..he has a really fatherly uncle kinda look. I see him serving as an usher quite often. He's always smiling, walks with a slight limp. Most of the time, I would see him walking alone after fellowship, ushering or BS, alone.

I get touched everytime I see his smile, everytime I see the passion he has despite his age. I dont know if he's married and has a family or not, but everytime I meet him, there's always something about him that draws me.

He really carries a kabod everywhere he goes, just now even as I was walking behind him, the anointing of God was so strong I almost teared, just by walking behind him. I was in awe, so amazed.

How can someone like him, carry so much anointing?
He's alone most of the time, how can he carry a presence so strong?
His old in age, how can he stay so fervent and passionate?

Deep down, I really wanna know him more.
Everytime I see him, he reminds me of Jesus, and my eyes would start to wet.

Those in usher might know who Im talking about. Some might not. I dont know if anyone else feels the same being around him, but he has certainly left something in me. We dont know each other, its just something I caught from him.

Im so moved today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home