Androne

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Celgrp, Lunching

I think cg today was really good. I think the atmosphere broke through haha..maybe cus got more people. It was easy to flow. But its really thanks to yesterday's pre-service prayer meeting, praying with thad and ryman. Never despise the power of simple prayer.

Speaking of ryman, he really impressed me. Asked a lot of things yest during svc, like communion, tithing, bible study, and he's only been with us for less than a month..or one month now (my estimate lol).

If a sec1 boy, can show so much hunger and spiritual maturity at such a short time, the older people have to start rising up man! lol. Today he attended his first E420 cg meeting, I dunno if u read blogs but..I really hope you enjoyed yourself and learn a lot :)

Im really impressed by the new sec1s that joined our cg, it seems we have this 'thing' for sec1s hahaha. Even adam is thinking of having some sec1 party or something.

There will come a time where we will be the ones teaching and discipling, but in order to get there, you first have to at least be at a certain level in your spiritual walk. Like one of the verses said, "You ought to be teaching by now, yet you are the ones who need to be taught!"

It really says a lot about a person. His foundation, the reason why he's here, the reason why he does what he does. And just from that, you'll know whether the person is gonna stay or not, right from the start.

When the storms of life hits and Jesus is sleeping in the boat, what will you do?
When all you have is 5 loaves and 2 fish, what will you do?
When you have toiled all day and caught nothing, what will you do?

The christian life is not just about what you are doing for God,
Its also about what you are doing BECAUSE of God.

I slept at thad's house for awhile..I was really tired lol. You can see my eyes closing towards the end of the cgm..actually I was tired since I woke up haha..it took me one hour of non-stop alarm clocking to finally wake and and not go BACK to sleep lol..cus I woke up and stopped e alarm and went back to sleep. =/

Anyway, we had lunch opp JW church, meet up with Jo and Bao after their service. Not bad..everyone squeezed into one small table lol. And YES! I bought it!! HAHA!

Even though it cost me 24 bucks..this is the best album compilation ever. Its as good as all my previous hillsong CDs put into one! I will not give something that cost me nothing, to get such a great album! LOL. If theres 2 words I can describe it, its "BUY IT!" haha.

I was thinking which song to use for this entry..and I figured.."Man, ALL ARE GOOD!" LOL. So in the end I couldnt decide which to use hahaha. Just listen to the entire album and you can spend 1.5-2hours of quiet time, just like that..praying, reading the word, etc.


I liked what I learnt in cg today:


Only the committed who experience an encounter with God will stay and be planted.

Its all about the presence of God. You can pray and fast all you want, but without the presence of God, lives arent gonna be changed!

One of the notes is that "We ought to be the carrier of the presence of God", not just a SOAKER.

Church and celgrp is not your hongkong restaurant and it shouldnt be. If you wanna come here to leech, then go somewhere else.

Chc is a church of giving, commitment and sacrifice. You wanna take it easy, have your own convenience, come when you feel like, etc. then go somewhere else. No one forced you to stay. Ps once said, we may be a church for the strong, the weak, the young, the old, boy or girl, man or woman, but we are definitely a bunch of people committed to a vision.

2 visions is DIvision. Thats why people leave, because their vision doesnt coincide with that of the church. God didnt die for you because He felt like, like adam said, dont take e presence of God for granted. Receiving salvation may be free for you, but it cost God everything, and for someone to treat it like dirt, is just plain disrespect.

And Adam also mentioned about the story of the ark of the covenant being carried on a cartwheel. The presence of God shouldnt be carried upon the shoulders of methods or programmes, but on people, on living vessels like you and me.

When the people in the OT showed the presence of God disrespect, they all died on the spot. Now we are living in the new covenant, we have access to something so precious and sacred, its like imagining this scene:

Kids running around and playing on the stage, drawing grafitti on the pulpit, pulling the guitar strings, and drooling on the microphones..

It might seem a bit over-exxaggerated, but Ive been to churches in the past and I see kids running around on the stage, where the anointing of God is, playing with the equipment, and just making a monkey scene. No wonder the power of God doesnt flow in that service, you pray for the sick and people get worse.

God gave ALL HE HAD to let you have access to the presence of God. Dont treat it like some hotel lobby where you can lounge anywhere you like. The least we can do, as believers is to show some respect and really be sensitive to how God feels.

Look at Jesus on the cross. He went through that so that you can experience the presence of God. Those stripes on his back, those blood and loose flesh..the pain, the agony..all for what? For YOU.

And did He deserve it? NO. Could he have saved himself? YES. But he didnt. He did it for you and for me. You think He FELT like doing it? CERTAINLY NOT. Did he know that people will take it for granted, Im sure He knew, yet He chose to demonstrate His love by hanging on the cross.

You say the easter drama touched you. Whats the point of being touched if you dont receive a revelation of the cross? Its like visiting someone in the hospital and saying, "Aww you must be feeling weak and hungry. Come..let me pray for you.", When...you couldve just gone out and bought something for him to eat.

Its like having a friend share with you his struggles:

"You know..this week's been a rather tough week for me".
"Orh. Okay lor."

(LOL..Adam's lame reaction.."Orh..okay lor.")

I mean come on..you think this is mediacorp ah? Okay, I just learnt this statement:

Dont be a callefare christian!

Hahaha! Seriously..I mean, literally..lol. EEEEVEN if you wanna act, at least act properly ma. At least act like a leader, instead of just acting like a new friend all the time.

Ohhh..I must tithe ah? I forgot leh..What is tithe ah? "Tit-he?" Ohhhh I must remember to tit he! Got tit her anot ah? (Okay this sounds wrong! O_O)
Ohhh..this week for prayer meeting ah? I forgot leh..I thought he said "Payer meeting", a meeting for payers only.

What crap LOL! Sorry, Im getting the lame anointing from adam haha..I think all of us are. lol.

Its hard to get a relationship going if you dont even know how your partner is feeling or what he/she is thinking right? Same with God.

One of the quotes Adam said was, "Good intention is no excuse to be irrelevant."

It took me awhile to catch the meaning of that haha. I think it can really be linked to yesterday's sermon, dont say you love God until you first fulfill your duty, THEN you talk about love.

So yea..thats all my notes for now..lol..I wasnt expecting Adam to preach a diff msg from Huiru but he did lol. Not bad..double impartation hahaha..:PP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home