Androne

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Out of my comfort zone, the extra mile.

Paid 16 bucks to finish up 'frozen' food in 10 minutes.

There's just so much I can say with just that line alone.

Well, today morning met up with Thad, was a little late tho, had just recovered from my flu yesterday, you can ask timo, I looked really 'dead' literally. My nose was dripping and there were tissue all over my table.

Service was great. Sermon was better than yesterday. After service, Bao asked if he could borrow my guitar cable for the mini zone dinner (People's party) @ Vivo. So I went home to get the cable. While walking home, I was thinking, will anyone get upset with me for being late? Will there be anyone who would be upset for having to wait for me all the time?

The past few days, Ive been the last. Last to have dinner, last to fellowship. But as I walked home, I thought of Bao, I remembered the days I would have guit lessons with him. Those were the days, I grew the most, those were the days that I really moved up to a whole new level.

I really owe my breakthrough to this great brother of mine. Just to be able to serve him was a great honor, just to able to serve great people like wayne, ps audrey, ps zhuang, and other cg leaders. Being a guitarist myself, just being able to serve other guitarists, its such a great honor.

After I took the cable, rushed down to Settlers to meet up with CG. Even though I could only spend that short, 20-30minutes with elaine, timo, Rymond (did I spell correctly? lol), and thomas' friend, no matter how short, it was fun, I learnt 2 new games ha. God really multiplied my time.

After that went straight down to Vivo to meet up with Joyce. Wayne came up to me asked me if I could help to do sound. I was tired, hungry, havent eaten lunch, but I thought, both Bao and Wayne were there for me when I needed them the most, I wanna be there for them.

Even though the board Ive never seen before, even though the setup was done by the staff there, even though Im not a lighting crew, I just gave my best, stepped out of my comfort zone, did the impossible.

In church, we had soundcrews(plural), it was my first time doing solo for such a big event. My bro was photographer so he was helping to take pictures. We just went straight in, didnt even have time to do a proper sound check.

Everything was impromptu, but God wasnt impromptu. We started, I think at around 6 or 630pm, stood there and helped out until around 10pm when they were preparing to close.

Halfway throughout the party I met a fellow soundcrew who helped me to listen haha. Cus I cant really hear what e ppl hear. I was EQing, adjusting volume, and only once in awhile I could go in front of the stage and listen.

I stood there, in front of like 6 celgrps. Seeing them play games, laughing, cheering, eating, fellowshipping...for 4 hours...it really wasnt easy, to stand there and smile for 4 hours. They celebrated someone's birthday towards e end. To be honest, I almost broke down in tears.

Yet at the same time, another part of me felt really happy. To be able to serve so that people can have fun, to be able to serve so that by faith, our friends will one day come to the saving knowledge, to be able to serve so that someone could have her most memorable birthday..

I was hungry physically, its 10pm and I havent had my lunch, I was hungry emotionally, I was drained, I was hungry socially, I was hungry spiritually. Eventually, I was the last person to eat. I feel so bad..lizhen was so nice to ask the waiter to heat up my soup. But when the waiter came, I said thanks and 2 seconds later, "Testing 1, 2..Sound check.." And I was gone again.

I was tired and all alone. I was vulnerable to the devil and he did attack me in my emotions and thoughts. I felt so shameful and guilty for having the waiter go all the way to heat up my soup, only to end up with me going off to do sound again. I didnt even drink one sip. And the devil placed all sorts of negative emotions in me.

But weak and tired and hungry as I may be, I said no. I still smiled, and talked to the singers and musicians to see if they're okay with their own sound, etc.

Queueing is 1-2hrs.
Service is 2-3hrs.
But for the first time, I was serving for almost 5 hours non-stop.

It was really a great leap of faith, I dont know how I did it, but it happened anyway. Sometimes we get tired of queueing, sometimes we get tired of serving every week during service, emerge at most is only 4 hours. This is even longer than emerge lol.

It really astounded me. I was so busy I lost track of time. It was almost eleven when we ended. I did nothing to deserve such a great opportunity, I couldnt have done it without God. What a day, what an experience.

He was the one who was there when I was down.
He was there, when I felt really lonely.
He was there, to always lend a listening ear, 24/7.
He was there, when I felt tired and sick.
He was there, when I felt confused.
He was there, to be my helper and companion.

Tons of emotions welled up in me, thoughts were running in my head, but deep down, there is a sense of satisfaction. To be able to spend 4-5 hours of my life serving together with God, Im really happy. And I remembered this song which really reflects my mood right now.

Never despise the days of small beginnings...

Here is my heart, make it your sanctuary...
For nobody else, but Jesus only You...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home