Androne

Friday, April 11, 2008

Above the call of duty

What do you know..the admin guy is not only keying in data, he's calling up over 50 companies to settle statements and accounts. O_O.

Honestly, I had zero experience. And given my personality make up, Im not designed for telemarketing. Im not a phone person if you know me well enough.

But still, here I am. Going beyond the call of duty, doing something Im not tasked to do, doing something Ive never done before, doing something thats really going beyond myself. How did I manage to pull it off? I dont know, ask God.

Many people know the verse that says, "Pick up your cross daily and follow Me".

But few remember the words before that,

"Deny yourself".

What you want, shouldnt matter anymore.

As long as you have your wants that God have not met,
You'll never appreciate your needs that He has met.

All of us have desires, but how many actually surrender them to God?

What you hold on to, you will eventually lose.
What you give to Him, will last for eternity.

Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home