Androne

Friday, September 17, 2004

What a week...

this week's been "okay" for me...jus..."okay". for e whole week, dunno how to put this, but ive been constantly threatened and forced by my dad. to help my mum at her workplace. initially when my mum asked me, i had already considered going to help. but since ive been pestered everyday, lectured and scolded everyday for not being able to help, firstly bcos:

i was to work in oct. my sch hols are frm end oct to end nov. therefore, a clash. secondly, i had to work on weekends which means no church, no makeup cel grp or no make up service neither. i know my own priorities so it felt uncomfortable giving up sth tt means a lot to me. to some worldly desire such as money. "Honor God and God will honor you". its really more than jus a need for money, its really a difficult test for my faith. "For it is He who gives you the power to get wealth". My dad, a "long-time christian", he told me everyday...wants me to skip church, skip God, skip His word, His presence to work. all for e sake of money...He keeps on telling me to honor my parents. yes, i am willing...to work for my mum. BUT, after all ive been through, i know, my conviction, tt i just CANNOT do it. in my mind was like, "do you love ur family more than God?" "Do you love money more than God?" "Do you always rely on man's understanding more than God?" "Is man's understanding and wisdom higher than God's?" i really felt like telling tt to my dad. i jus couldnt...i mean, no christian i know would ask me to pursue money at e cost of my relationship with God...man....

i told myself tt i would not put money above God. i jus cant. we've been through too much for me to let go. even though, as a result of these events, ive grown dry...but ive told myself tt i would rise up. after this whole week, after tonite's cg, after this weekend's service. im gonna renew myself. i dun have any worldly desires anymore (e.g. money for God is Jehovah Jireh, my provider.)..."Seek first His kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be added to u as well..." everyday, i feel little or no presence of God at all...i really cant live without it...

e easiest thing tt God is able to bless us is income. "Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy." i dun jus know this..i believe this...i act on this...it is never out of convenience tt i give God what i have. sacrifice is greater than jus an offering, and obedience is better than sacrifice.

I believe in blessings of God...i dun believe in this worldy thinking tt "God helps those who help themselves..."-it was never written. "Only doers of the Word will be blessed." The fact of e matter is, we cant help ourselves, tts y there's Jesus, tts why we are saved not by works, but by grace through faith.

very troubled at e moment...but i thank God in advance tt its gonna b over...:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home