Androne

Saturday, September 25, 2004

My first unforgettable Spiritual Attack on me

Yesterdae night was a horrible night for me. after my quiet time, which ended at 1.30am, i went to bed. I was tired
and had no idea if I was awake or sleeping when this incident happened. I felt a sudden heaviness upon me. It felt so
heavy that i couldn't move myself. Not my hands, not my legs, not even my eyes. It was horrible. I felt suffocated and
as if Death was sitting right on top of me.

But as i struggled through that 30-40min of intense battle. The LORD came through for me. I remembered the Word,
which was the sword of the Spirit. In that experience I saw, what seemed to be horrifying images, "Demons", if I
could put it that way, and they were charging towards me. Each time they charged at me i would feel like death came
on me. It was undescribable...it was scary.

I oso heard voices shoutin towards me. Horrible voices like "I will destroy you!", "I will crush you!"...etc. I still
remembered vividly the horrible voices and visions. Something that natural human brain couldn't describe. I felt
powerless at that point in time.

That was when i began to fight back. Asking the demons to leave in Jesus' name. Because there's power in His name.
"All hell trembles at the sound of that name". But it didn't have much effect. Then i quoted verses frm the Bible. Verses
like: In Him, we are more than conquerors; He shall make me the head and not the tail, I will be above and not
beneath; In Christ we have the victory! and more...i couldnt even remember all of them. Each time i would declare
these verses to the Devil, there would come a flash of light that would set me apart, and I would feel free...but only
for a short moment. Then the sense of heaviness and discomfort would set on me again. I repeated the Word again
and flash upon flash like the Sword of the Spirit. But I couldnt really see the Sword because it was a bright.

It was like a battle between heaven and hell, and I was in the middle. I do admit that at ONE particular moment, I
wanted that power that came upon me. That thought dawned in my mind. I, for a moment, had this thought that if
only I would surrender to that power and have it...That power that CRUSHED and OVERWHELMED me with fear.

BUT nevertheless, I know in my spirit, the power of God is greater. Although I've never really felt that power, I wanted
to unleash that power. And true enough, the power of God was unleased in His Word! The power of the Devil I no
longer looked upon, I saw a greater power, the Power of God and SUPPRESSED and CRUSHED the same power that
crushed me! After 30-40min, the demon left me and i just went into a deep sleep, not remembereing what happened
until this morning. I really give my thanks to God and glory be to Him who rescued me forevermore.

*Ive learnt that:

*1. There is power in the Word. It might jus look like words on paper. But in the realm of the Spirit, that realm that only
the Spirit of God - who lives in me - sees, is a double-edged sword of the Spirit. I saw the power and the glory of that
sword before my very eyes, though i couldn't see the Sword clearly. It reminded me of the book of Revelations.

*2. There is power in the name of Jesus. But that power MUST be accompanied by the Word. That relates me to binding
the Devil. Ive learnt that, yes, whatever we bind on earth will be bound in heaven, BUT, it must be accompanied by
the Word. You have to weaken your enemy before you can capture/overcome it. And the secret weapon is none other
than the Sword.

*3. I've renewed my longing to be strong in the Word. Indeed the more verses you can remember, the bigger your
Sword. Right now I just long for the full double-edged sword. The entire bible which i was tryin to read finish. When
toubles come, rely not on your own strength, because the Satan is the god of this fallen world. But He who is in me is
greater than he who is in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home