Androne

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ministry, Love

Okay, Ive got LOTS of things to blog about. Both yesterday and today. So Ill break it down into 2 separate posts before people doze off reading my blog hahaha.

First of all, really thankful cus this is the first time I actually received a graduation card and a small gift. LOL. Really appreciate it, thanks.

Lets talk about ministry yesterday first..(in order of events) hahaha.

It was good. Learned so much more when exposed to doing the entire recording session alone. Cus when you're in a team, you tend to me more relaxed, dependable and 'slack' if I can put it that way.

Whereas when you're alone, during a BIG DAY, it makes all the difference. You're learning to be independent yet at the same time working as a team, the pressure and the stress is greater. But Ive learnt over the years, God doesnt ruin His own service, if you're at a point you're gonna make a major screw up, He'll rescue you. He will hahaha, if not how is He gonna glorify Himself right? :D

And so, first time, in dunno how long, the Chinese Interpreter CD ran out halfway during service! OMGosh you had no idea how tense and nervous I was. Well, if the english sermon CD runs out, I can instantly continue on another fresh CD because we have 2 recording decks, whereas the interpreter sermon, we only have one deck..so...

It means, I have to compile the CD, burn, take it out, put in a new one and continue recording.

Now the catch here is this: Will the chinese sermon be missed out while doing that? Will certain words be cut? :S That got me worried. But its always at the end of yourselves that God pulls through for you.

I really experienced what serving WITH God is all about.

The HS is like my team IC.

"Andrew, wait for awhile..(2min in CD remaining..)"
"God, its gonna end!"
"Calm down."
"Okay, compile now.."
"Oh..ok"
"Lord, its done."
"Wait, dont take it out yet."
"Huh? This is not a comedy man..time is running out :O"
"Just wait..trust Me."
"Errr..okay (feeling even more tense)"
"Okay, put in the new CD now and wait awhile.."
"Whaaat? Wait again? What if I miss out on some words?"
"Andrew, what if you dont listen to me?"
"Er..okay, whatever you say."
"Okay, record in 5 seconds' time."
"Done! OMG WOOT!"

And can you believe it, I swapped while they were singing in the spirit, and exactly when I pressed the REC button, Ps Phil spoke and the interpreter spoke..ONE SECOND AFTER I PRESSED IT!

So...not only did I come in at the right cue, I didnt waste more than 1 second of a CD space, which is really a professional recording standard I believe! (to make sure the track doesnt start more than x seconds after the CD runs, etc.). Really praise God for that. Haha you think Timo is our ganchiong spider, at that moment I was REALLY ganchiong. What an experience! =)

Okay, just a little sidetrack, the word "Cue" got me stuck.

When I first wanna spell it out, I was like, "Que? Queue? Kill? No wait, that sounds wrong, ku? Cu? Kiu?" Then I asked our very own E420 english teacher, Prof Ho! HAHAHAHA! Good job, lol..I felt so enlightened haha.

Okay, back to ministry.

So yea. Haha. God never loses His cool, thats what I like about Him. =) Fellowship was good, was glad Pam could make it despite her hectic schedule. =) And Im glad I could too, cus the burning of CDs was like..man! LOL. Could take almost an hour.

Oh oh oh! OH YES!! ONE MORE THING!

Im really thankful hahaha..BECOS..I had to do a live CD burn during praise and worship for PASTOR KONG! OMG. I really hope he smiles and encounters God when he listens to the praise n worship CD. :x Its really the favor of God..really. Having a role to play in pastor kong's life is really something Ive never dreamed about.

I have total respect for that man of God. Next to Jesus, Ps Kong was the one that challenged me, and gave me the boldness and the faith to be who I am today.

All in all, what can I say?

Open doors to do solo recording on a big day, recording and burning a praise n worship CD for pastor kong, and I encountered the true meaning of serving WITH God, not just FOR God.

Its really touching to know, that even though the Holy Spirit is your "Team leader", sometimes even Him could humble himself to a level of a servant and serve together with you. I mean, He is God, this proves one thing!

God desires fellowship, not just duty.
God desires relationship, not just ministry.
God desires obedience, not just sacrifice.

If the Holy Spirit himself delights to serve in the house of God, WITH US, how much more should we really appreciate spending every moment, every second with Him?

Its not about whether we do well or not, its not about whether we screw up or not, one day we WILL screw up, because all of us are imperfect, but the Holy Spirit will say,

"Its okay, Come on, lets do this together. I dont care if you're good of bad, smart of not so smart, good looking or not as good looking, talented in this or talented in that, to Me, I love you for who you are with an everlasting love. Your life is worth even more than my OWN life, that is why I chose to lay down my life, for you. I just wanna be with you. Being with you and talking to you, means all the world to me."

That blew my mind. To lay down one's life for another, it means that our lives are worth much more that even Jesus's own life at that time, His sinless life, His life of power and anointing, all His signs and wonders, means nothing compared to our lives, compared to our salvation!

Its about spending time with each other, its about fellowship, its all about relationship.

We are all married to God. Lets start living like a couple. Lets stop living like married singles, when we will get so busy with life we forget all about God. So busy that in the morning that when we wake up, we dont even say Hi to God let alone blow Him a kiss.

Lets get back that first love, and be lovers all over again. =)

Celgrp was great. Haha. Gave my testimony today. But really this year 4 has been a really long and rough year for me. Many THINGS happened, haha. Well, to sum it all up, the end is indeed better than the beginning!

People in the world might despise me or laugh at me, "HAHA! YEAR 4, CALL YOURSELF A CHRISTIAN HUH?"

Well, I dont really care.

Its in this year, that I walked down the altar call with a friend for the first time.
Its in this year, that I became more secure with myself and have a better self-esteem.
Its in this year, that I had so many encounters that I cannot number.
Its in this year, that I met a whole lot of great people.
Its in this year, that I experienced the great financial blessing.
Its in this year, I loved God even more than all the other years combined.

Also, I completed my building fund faster this season, despite pledging an even greater amount than the previous one! Multiplication of God. =)

God has a purpose in success, God has a purpose in failure.
To despise failure is to despise God.
Who are you to say what will happen?
Who are you to predict the future?

All things..WILL work out good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose!

Sermon notes for Service 4, coming up! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home