Androne

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Quiz, Updates, Thoughts

What Andrew Lee Means
You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.
You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
You have the classic "Type A" personality.

You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people.
You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts.
You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.

You are balanced, orderly, and organized. You like your ducks in a row.
You are powerful and competent, especially in the workplace.
People can see you as stubborn and headstrong. You definitely have a dominant personality.

You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something.
You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense.
You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun.

You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone.
You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together.
At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.

You are very charming... dangerously so. You have the potential to break a lot of hearts.
You know how what you want, how to get it, and that you will get it.
You have the power to rule the world. Let's hope you're a benevolent dictator!

You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow.
You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily.
Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is.


Something happened to me today that made me so touched and blessed.

Went to visit ahma today and have dinner at her place cus she has some form of swelling in her toes and she's not able to move much. As we talked, there was so much I wanna say. But Im not able because of my influency in hokkien dialect. I can communicate to ahgong though, through mandarin.

So after eating I sat down with them, and heard them sharing their life and really encouraging me alot, to do well in my studies, in work, and in future in the army and God-willing, university. And its really encouraging to know that people care, that people believe in you.

Cause they were just sharing and, I may not be able to speak fluent hokkien, but I can certainly listen and understand. And it really touched me that they believe that Im able to earn big bucks and do so well in my academics that I could go overseas to Australia after my army to pursue my degree or even masters.

When I heard that, that blew me away. And just sitting there listening, I was almost moved to tears, when ahma told me,

"Do you know, everyday when I wake up, I pray for you, I pray that God will bless you in your studies, relationships..I even pray for your future when you go into army, that God will promote you and give you tremendous favor, and that He will bless you with good friends and a great life partner in future. I also pray for your future, that you will be successful in your career and pursue higher levels of education, having more than enough wealth, and that when one day when you make it big, you will remember the Lord and I pray that He will bless you tremendously as you remember Him and put Him first."

When I heard that I almost teared.

And I began to think to myself, what have I been doing all these while? Im gonna do my best, Im gonna work even harder, pray even harder, fast even harder.

I was so moved, she's not well, and yet every morning she wakes up, she has me in her prayers. She's in her most senior years, and yet she can have this fervency in prayer! Im just at a loss of words, all these while, the blessings I had, the friends God has blessed me with...

I really dont now what to say when I realised all these doors of opportunities and favor, God has poured upon me...it was all because of the prayer of one woman; Prayer that no one knows, prayer that no one except God who sees.

And I dont even know since WHEN she has started praying for me. Maybe all these years, maybe since the day she got saved. I really dont know, and just thinking about it made me tear.

Everything, every encounter, everytime we experienced God during celgrp, was because of the simple prayer by my ahma, even though she's senior in age, and despite being in discomfort because of her toe. :(

And I only visit her like once in 6 months and during chinese new year. Since I grew up, I no longer visit her as often anymore. I remembered when I was young, Everyday during holidays, I would long to go to her place, because her cooking is just so nice. And she's always smiling.

My eyes are wet just blogging about this. She reminds me so much of Jesus. How many times have we strayed away from Him? How many times have we let Him down? But yet He kept on loving, kept on interceding, kept on believing in us, kept on providing for us, kept on loving us.

When was the last time you prayed for someone?

How often do you pray for him/her?

Did it cost you anything?

Really moved. Really really moved. So touched, so impacted. Tears flow.

Money doesnt move my heart, gifts dont move my heart, acts of kindness dont move my heart, being good lookin doesnt move my heart, talented and skillful people dont move my heart. But being Jesus, moves my all and melts every dry and hardened area.

How often do you think about Him?

How often do you talk or even blog about Him?

How often do you feel Him so close to you?

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

If God isnt in your mouth, He isnt in your heart.

Jesus, take all of me, in exchange for all of You...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home