Androne

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Service, double fellowship, lots of sidetrack! =p

Service was awesome. Sermon blew me away. Presence of God overwhelmed me.

Somehow I knew today was a really special day for me. Haha..its the first time my leader in sound ministry asked me, "So andrew, next week for Ps Phil's service, what would you want to do?"

And so, I stunned for a moment, cus all the while, the manpower was arranged and to have someone suddenly ask me, "Where would I wanna do?", it kinda shocked me for a moment.

During worship, the presence of God was overwhelming. Even during the pre-service PM, I could already feel it. It was just awesome.

Another thing that made today special was..I responded to the SOT altar call. =)

Its amazing how everything falls into place.

Last week I was serving and somehow I thought about it, but I gave it a miss.
This week I was given a break from serving.
And.."it so happened" they gave the same altar call. I knew God was calling me.

When pastor led that altar call..deep down..HS was speaking to me..almost whispering.

"Andrew..recently its been hard on you. You have been through alot. There are so many things you wanna do, so many things you wanna achieve. But do you dare...to trust Me?

Andrew, are you ready...for an adventure of a lifetime? Are you prepared to go where no one has ever gone before? Even when none will follow, will you still go for Me? Will you let me take you for the honeymoon of your life? I have many surprises in stored for you.

Do you...trust Me? All you have to do, is to be willing, you may not be talented, you may not be like others, you may feel yourself lacking in so many areas, but as long as you're willing, as long as you dare to take Me by my hand, and let me bring you to your destiny...nothing shall be impossible...

My hand is stretched out...will you...hold...My...hand...?"

And the presence of God overwhelmed me, I remembered I was in tears, my knees were trembling. My heart was yearning, I just couldnt express how I felt at that time, because no one else understood me more than Him..and I stood.

No one saw me cry in my room, the way He has. The nights I spent crying out to Him, the nights I spend thinking..is this all there is to my life? The nights I spent kneeling before God and crying for a breakthrough, the nights I spent feeling alone..

Living day by day..all alone..He was the only one I ever talked to, He was the only one I ever fellowshipped with from monday to friday. I dont know, I think I spent more time talking to God than even to my celgrp members.

Those times I would sit alone in the almost empty school canteen, looking at people hanging out with friends, and there I was sitting alone, in an isolated corner and God was the only one I ever talked to. And as I ate, I was talking to Him.

Even last night as I was jogging, as I did my cool down and rested by the bench. I had an encounter and the presence of God was so near to me, I could feel Him sitting right beside me. I began tearing and I began crying out to Him.

Its good to be alone. Those times of intimacy with God. Praying in the spirit, crying in the presence, especially after my jog, late at night..no one sees, no one hears, no one knows, and there I am, alone..with God.

Everyday is really a gift from God.

March outreach is coming and everytime they have an outreach, I just feel so left out even before it even started. Because I have never been to ANY..not even ONE..I dont know if anyone can ever understand how it feels to be UNABLE to be there.

LOL, Breakaway, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. And it has become a part of me, that no matter how excited I try to be, somehow, something would just happen. Everytime Im asked to write a pledge card, I think about who I wanna reach out to..and I start to wonder, "is there even a WHO in the first place?"

Well, Ive learnt to live one day at a time.

Some of the things that impacted me during the sermon were these few statements:

The way up is the way down.

Being a person of detail.

If you cant even handle simple things such as money, how can He trust you with true riches? And by true riches He meant things from above, things you cant buy with money, like anointing, the presence of God, the power of God, the power to heal, miracles, signs and wonders.

God uses man, not methods.

He may not necessarily use the talented, but He uses those WILLING to SERVE.

When you truly love someone, serving the person becomes a joy; EVEN if you're not appreciated, even if the person doesnt change!

Unless you learn the art of submission, you'll never be entrusted with authority!

True servants dont just serve the nice, the holy, the friendly, but anyone and everyone, not out of compulsion, fear or duty, but out of love!

You can tell if you're becoming a true servant or not by seeing how you react when people treat you like one!

THAT...BLEW ME AWAY! TO MALAYSIA, INDONESIA, AFRICA...okay thats lame, but yea u get my point haha.

Fellowship after cg was good. I cant believe the people around me eat so much..its scary! lol. I have a rather weird eating habit, I eat here and there throughout the day, I cant eat more than one plate of food every meal..and some people like Eric..I really dont know how he tahan 4 rounds of food!

Char kway tiao, oyster omelette, then wanton mee and chee chiong fun. All in less than 2 hours! OMG lol. And yea, we ate at Old Airport Road. Its like the ultimate. I was asking Eric and thomas what was nice here..thomas told me, this place is the best, you order anything also nice!

Okay, I eventually ended up with a plate of char kway tiao myself. And it was good! Can compare with old hollywood char kway tiao :D Me, thad, timo and Adam went there to makan after out men's 'transformers' meeting lOl.

Very funny, everyone ended taking different buses home. Me, thad and liz took bus 33. Then we thought, aiya! Why didnt we follow tim, elaine and pam? 16 also go tiong bahru mrt wad. So yea, we intended to take all e way to tiong bahru, but unfortunately, 'last train' conscious people like me, decided we drop off at the nearest mrt station cus it was past 11 already.

I mean, if you miss the last train at changi more than 3-4 times and got lost and all alone in the middle of a gang and prostitution infested street at like 1-2am plus, you'll really really REALLY treasure what it means to have good time management, and catch the last train!

And man, today's sermon.."details, details, details, destiny...". Since that incident, Id try my best not to be late. Even if I were, Id inform whoever. Even to the point I report the mrt station Im at, every 15 minutes or so, even to the point sometimes people get fed up when I keep smsing, "Kallang now...", "Bedok now", "Walking there now..", "In the toilet, coming soon..", etc.

Seriously, I dont really bother, haha. I mean, if Im late then I better make sure I take the effort to inform whoever Im supposed to be accountable to about my whereabouts and progress. This should be something automatic, dont wait for people to ask you, 'where are you'.

They should be saying, "Okay okay..can can can..you reach already call me k?". *Because they know you're just gonna keep on smsing until you reach and its 'irritating' hahaha. But its good.

Why? Because you're persistent. You take responsibility and ownership. And if possible, inform people in advance. Whenever Im late for queuing, I make sure I inform whoever's queueing the MOMENT I step out of my house.

Of course, I always make sure I reach there for the prayer meeting. And I do my best to keep my word. And most of the time, if I set a time target I would reach, most of the time I REALLY reach around that time. Why? Because I even take the effort to time the journey and make details and records.

Not because Im good numbers or anything, its just that Ive trained myself to be specific when it comes to time. I take effort to memorize how long it takes from one station to the next, what are the offsets, like time taken for door opening and closing, crowd expectation, peak hour timings, etc.

Just now met karwen to help her tune guitar and taught her some chords. Haha you arent really a tough learner. You learn pretty fast. :D After that met torrance. He just watched 10000BC with his cg haha. I asked him, 'eh how u rate the movie out of 10?'

"oh about 8-9 ba."
"so..how was it?"
"okay lor"

LOL! Okay lor..8-9. O_O haha. But he said the plot is really interesting and nice, so yea, I might consider 'going back in time' to 10000 years BC lol. I dont even know if the show's realistic or not, but Ill give it a try. lol.

Yea, I fellowshipped with them for awhile at my park downstairs and then at my void deck until like 2.45am. Im really thankful to God for placing such great people in my life..I mean, who wouldve thought, the celgrps I minister to, will in return bless me with such great friends, and these friends stay like what? WALKING DISTANCE FROM MY HOUSE! LOL.

Everytime I cant sleep or when Im bored late at night, like past 1-2am, I could just look for these guys lol. Okay its 4am now, having celgrp later.

Sorry if its been a long post, but yea..its a good problem haha.

Thats the way my life is. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home