Androne

Sunday, July 03, 2005

My 2 encounters with God...sermon outline

Here's the 2 encounters on the same day with God that really brought me closer to Him and well, made me love God even more xD

My first encounter - During OPM (overnight prayer meeting)

well, we were in deep worship around 3am plus....everyone were on their knees and just soaking in the presence of God. it was a great experience. and a wonderful one too. so as usual, i was there on my knees...already God's presence and love had oredy overwhelmed me to tears. and i was there lifting my hands to e Lord.

then i felt the glory of the Lord fall upon me. the way God's presence felt like began to change. it became heavier, thicker and before i could even realise wad was going on. i felt the same electricity that i felt during celgrp not too long ago, (think can find e testimony - click on "An encounter with God that i will never forget"...), that same electricity and warmth swept past me. it was soo tangible and at e same time...familiar. i began to recall how He placed His arms around me...i cried out to God: pls dont go away! my hands are here Lord....hold me close and never let me go...i was already overwhelmed to tears at that time.

and true enough, i felt the Lord grabbing me by my right palm and i began to weep even more as God's presence and love overwhelmed me again and again...then God began to stroke me palm. i could literally feel God (i was on my knees and my palm was lifted up)! His touch was electrifying and warm, i felt it as He stroked my hand...i could feel it going top - down, top - down, top - down, top - down. very soon i felt myself shaking uncontrollably. i loved it. after less than a minute...God's touch began to fade away....i cried out even more: please dont go! not now.....dont let go....never let me go....i want to feel You...

i was too overwhelmed to pray...to even sing, i tried to say something to God frm my mouth, but i couldnt help it...i was just too overwhelmed to even move....xD all i could do was to let God do what He wanted and love Him even more, let myself soak and drown in His presence...:) words cannot express wad i went through together with God. such experiences you have to experience it for urselves...but more importantly...you must WANT an encounter from God...=)

my second encounter: during cel grp.

during cel grp on saturday i experienced another encounter with God. 2 weeks ago i experienced one...last week i had 2...so here's how it goes...:)

it was just hours after the overnight prayer meeting and most of us like shin, pam, evan, peng were still in e OPM mood. so e atmosphere during celgrp was very strong. esp during praise n worship. there was a time when we were waiting on e Lord. and adam and evan each sang a new song to e Lord. e moment adam hit the first words...God's presence and love once again overwhelmed me...tears began to flow down my face. and as e presence and glory of God thickened....i soon found myself once again shaking uncontrollably.

it felt as if e Holy Spirit has come upon the entire room and the whole place was shaken, jus like during pentecost. xD i felt e warmth and fire of God. not much of an electrifying encounter, but just THICK, warm loving touch form Heaven. it felt as if im in a bubble...a fireball of God. i felt so safe, so loved, so secure...and i felt like singing a new song to the Lord. but it felt as if fire was around me, all over me...and GOd saying, "I am yours and you are Mine.." xD i was so touched, so overwhelmed...i couldnt even sing, i couldnt even pray, just like wad happened during OPM. it was just too overwhelming....wad could i do? i could do nothing...but to tell God, "I love You" :)

i told myself that i would NEVER take advantage of such experiences like this! just like pastor and evan said, miracles and encounters must be a common thing, so that God can start doing 'unusual' ones :D it must be a regular experience, a common thing.

update

service was great today. laws on purpose part 2! hehe....oh ya. yesterdae after cg had fun looking at pics frm isreal tt peng showed us...hehe. farnie fella....cheeky fella...sneak behind ps ulf ah? hahahahaha :D put u nv escaped his discernment...lol "oh come on..." hahaha :P

oh ya speaking of discernment...last week i went to church office at suntec with ah bao to meet ps audrey to discuss abt building fund. there were 4 people including me and ahbao. then during e meeting she pointed at 2 of 4 of us and said to them "people like you 2 who have received an amount from God, make sure u are faithful to fulfill that pledge..." then she pointed at me and another sister "even though you 2 havent received an amount...continue to seek the Lord k?"

lol, waaaaa! at that moment i tio stun! i tio headshot! she spoke with accurate discernment and right at my heart!!!!! i was taken back, shocked, blow away...! lol the other sister oso tio stun, cus indeed we have prayed but havent got an amt to pledge yet...lol so scaaaaaary....:S

and yea! building fund in 2 weeks! u ask people donate to temple they will say, "donate? for waht? i rather eat my cha kuay tiao..." but we are raising up a new generation of youths that will take asia by storm! a generation on fire for God. :) im hoping to get a part-time job to raise money for the building of our new stadium. after today's sermon, i told myself if i want to excel in my job i need to find one that im WIRED for...xD well, heres e notes:

THE LAW OF PURPOSE

1. Everything in life has a PURPOSE
-ur life is nt controlled by fate...YOU control your fate.
-God wastes NOTHING, NOT ONE experience good or bad youve been thru, is wasted. e.g. EX drug addicts, they use their life changing experience to help those in need, trapped in addiction.

2. My purpose is in the MIND of God
-it was there even before you were born; b4 u were born, u were in God's mind and ultimate plan.

3. My purpose is constantly and unceasingly CALLING out to you.
-all along it was there EVEN b4 u were born. so e moment u were born, u dun have to look for it...it will look for you!

4. Where purpose is not known, ABUSE is inevitable.
-u have ur gifts and talents when u were born, but u use them for e wrong purpose.
-abuse = abnormal use

5. My ABILITY (natural inclination) and NATURE predict my purpose.
-wad are you good at? THAT is your purpose. it was there e moment u were born!
-DONT do something ure not wired to do. for example, a comforter, singer, etc.

6. What I have a PASSION for predicts my purpose.
-wad do you like to do? sing? then sing for God.
-because u can change people's lives...for ETERNITY

7. Purpose brings with it the ANOINTING for maximum success.
-ONLY when ure walking in GOD's purpose, even every bad thing can be turned around for your good bcos when God is with you, no one can be against you, not even failure.
-and God is SPECIFIC in His purpose for you.

8. My purpose will PROSPER me and the KINGDOM of God.
-our calling is a two-fold calling. we are blessed to be a blessing.

9. Where my TALENTS and the NEEDS of of the world intersect, therein lies my purpose.
-dun just use ur talents for fame/glory, but use it to change lives for ETERNITY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home