Androne

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Amber Tan Xiao Fen =)

Haha, hot topic eh?

Well, lets see...its a pretty strange how I got to know Amber and her cg.

Whats even more strange is how I got to know the strange way that got me to know her cg..

Before I share about this great inspiration of mine,

It all started with Shing. Well, back then, I was crazy about chc, I still am btw, I wanted to know a whole lot of people so I added practically anyone or everyone from chc haha. And Shing so happened to be a random add to my Myspace page, which is...'dead'....? Haha.

Eventually through the wonderful invention of MSN, she found out that I played guitar for cg, so there was once her cg (Amber's cg) needed someone.

So, being a total stranger, and back then, I was just starting out as cgg, I didnt know much, nor had much experience. I was filled with excitement, just to be able to serve God..its like..."wow, Im finally serving God..and in less than 3 months, someone wants me to play in another cg" I was so excited and unafraid of failure.

I was still adjusting to flow with my own cgl, who was Evangelyn at that time. She's another great leader, I can say she was the one who saw me grow and impacted me the most...=)

So being a TOTAL freshie for God...I was excited, I had faith that says, "Fail so what? Fail only ma..I just wanna do something for You, God..." hahaha.

During that first meeting at one of Amber's cgm's place, it was only there and then, I met Shing personally, for the FIRST TIME haha. And of course, I eventually got to know Amber and the rest of her cg...well, not the rest, but some...cus I was really shy and...okay la...I still am a bit here and there...=x

I guess if God made a cow, you cant call it cat right? Haha...*okay, where did I get the COW from? Hmm...nvm, just randomness haha. The first thing that came to mind..=O.

When I asked Evan, she asked me if Im confident, am Im ready, and all...cus I was REALLY new. Furthermore my guitar is self learnt, there is so much limitation, but in the eyes of faith, there's no such thing as limitation.

So she finally said, "Andrew, if u think you can do it, and you want to, I think you can give it a shot.." And I was so encouraged and happy.

A freshie, being sent to play for other cgs...it felt like I was in "Just for Laughs" or something..

Even the thought of it all, made me laugh...I remembered when God told Sarah she was gonna have a child, she laughed too..LOL. I guess that was how I felt, but God smiled, because He knew I was gonna get a shock of my life that will propel me into my destiny..

Surprisingly, I flowed okay for the first meeting, and then, 2-3 meetings later, guess what? They had MINISTRY!!!

Ive never played for ministry before! =X But I played through...my first attempt. Haha, amber, I dont think you knew right? I dont know what Shing told you about me, maybe she said Im a good guitarist, whatever, and all that..haha.

I was literally playing on ZERO percent effort, 100 % faith...LOL...I knew what ministry session was, but Ive only been in one...and during that meeting, Evan was playing the guitar, not me, cus I was that new..

I remembered my first cg, Karyie was the laughing machine. Ive never been so scared of a girl in my entire life...but really she scared the living daylight out of me HAHAHA. Then her close 'buddy'...seow ting...

I was sitting on the bus and both of them were facing me..I dunno why they see my face keep on whispering and laughing..lol..first meeting only kena teased. O_O haha.

And then just last year, I met Seow Shi, and I didnt know her sister was Seow Ting. So one day, I think she said she meeeting her sis or something, and to my HORROR..I saw Seowting and I was like..."WAHHHH...YOOUUUUUUUU????" lol....haha.

Seowting gave me that mischievous impression, kinda scary haha..then Joshua was telling me, Seowshi was scarier hahaha..OOPS =X nah im kidding...i think..haha =p

Amber taught me alot..

You might ask, how often we really sat down and talked? Not much.

But she talked to me, through her life, through her cg. Her life, was a living bible. Recently, they've been having 50 over people consistently for around 3 weeks already I think, since xmas 2008.

It really impacted me alot. Seeing the number of people, seeing the unity in the cg, brought my faith to a whole new level..when I first started out with her, she would often give me feedback about my guitar playing during PnW, and I learnt alot.

More than just the figure of a person of authority, she was a great friend too. Even if I just had to but scotchtape for her, haha..I was happy I could serve someone like her. Even though buying tape was just a few minutes, to me, it meant eternity to me. Knowing that even that smallest acts of service we give to honor those around us, we will have our eternal reward..

Amber, you were the pioneer, of who I am today.

Because of the one memorable moment with your cg, Ive been sent to almost 5 other different cgs, maybe more, ranging from Sembawang, Yio Chu Kang, all the way to Bedok, Tampines. From the west, to the north, to the east...Ive seen so many cgs, flowed with so many leaders, and it really opened my eyes to a whole new realm.

Someone once asked me, how do I flow with so many different leaders from so many different zones? First of all, its a gift from God. And most of the cgs I go to, are my first times. And for some strange reason, when Im there, somehow there will be ministry, last minute moving in the HS, laying of hands, etc...

The answer is simple. Obedience, Faith, Worship, Relationship.

Ultimately, its not about flowing with the leader, its about flowing with God. If you can flow with God, you should have no problem flowing with everyone.

And when I go to other cgs, Im not just there to serve, Im there to be part of it. I soak into their vision, I soak into their fellowship, I soak into their atmosphere. I dont care if Im the only one tearing..I make it my own cg.

When you serve people, they will lead you.
But when you serve God, He will lead you.

Our relationship with God, will determine our relationship with people.

God is doing something, but my destiny is too big for me to see at this point in time, and God is revealing bit by bit to me...

I know being antisocial isnt a good thing, well, Im not TOTALLY Antisocial, its just im not comfortable being around people sometimes. Im more of a solitude, thinking-reflecting, meditative kind of person.

I have no problems being alone and stuff, most of the time, I like being alone.

Well, being alone is not the same as being lonely..loneliness, thats something else..that NS introduced into my life =S But im not gonna go into that direction.

I guess Im so sensitive to God, is because most of the time, Im alone, just Him and me. Thats the good thing about being alone...=) Everyday, you just get closer and closer to God..consecration, whatever you call it..haha. WAit...I dun think thats the right word haha.. but anyway, yea, you get the idea haha.

One thing still scares me though, I gave my guitar to seowshi as her christmas present, the week after, they had 50 people. =OOOOO =///////

If you are looking for a cg on saturdays, W320 is the most happening CG in the whole of Jurong. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home