Androne

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ministry, Kim Sunghae Cho, Celgrp

Ministry was fun. Its 'officially' my first time doing webcast. haha. The other time I was just there to watch. Well pretty cool, the video guy beside me was playing Conquerors on his laptop haha. Looks fun. :P

Karen was there to teach me too. Learnt lots of stuff about video, about the equipment, and about internet broadcast standards for video. Cus she runs the TV ministry, Chorus Board and lighting too if Im not wrong.

I really learnt alot and I had lots of exposure. Going beyond just sound to actually working with video. It was good. Karen was saying Im very nice to shout at..hahahaha! Well, it was really funny cus I would place my fingers on the board, getting ready to mix.

Then she will be like, "up up up!", "QUICK! down down down!", "Aiyooo you ah..*Whack", but surprisingly, I did OKAY LA..I guess lol.

Learned some stuffs I didnt know..like the sound Im mixing..it goes not just to the internet broadcast, but to the guest rooms, artiste rooms and nursery rooms as well, as well as a backup to house and to the video room.

So not just the millions of viewers online are getting my mix, but the pastors, guests, singers and musicians as well. Many times, Ive been placed in charge of the presence of God for some reason, celgrp guitarist is one of them, and yesterday, it was doing webcast.

Its a great responsibility, whether people leave church or stay, in a way, I have a responsibility. Whether people feel the presence of God or not, I have a responsibility, whether people get ministered online or not, I have a responsibility.

And many times, its hard. Its not just physically demanding in terms of time, sleep and travel, but it can be emotionally draining sometimes, but I know that when I serve, it should always be fun, it should always be happy. Its okay to make mistakes once in awhile, but no matter what happens, DONT compromise, get back up, and move on.

Because its not WHAT am I here for,
But WHO am I here for.

Dr Kim's message, even though it was simple, yet so powerful. And the songs, simple 1-2 word songs, carry so much presence and power.

And I remembered,

Its not about what you sing, or how you sing, its about WHO you sing to...
Its not about the melody or the lyrics, its about the heart and the attitude.

Dr Kim is very grandmotherly, my heart just melts when she spoke. She's in her golden years, yet she's still so passionate, not just about her marriage with Dr Cho, but also with God.

She just proves that a successful relationship is NOT just a two-way relationship.

But a TRIUNE, THREE-WAY relationship.

Some people find it so hard to love God after being attached, because they think, "Oh, I love my spouse now and no one else." Its just like saying, "Oh, I love KFC, so I cant eat McDonalds". If God was like you, you wouldnt be living today. Now that you two are one, ALL THE MORE both of you should be more loving, have a greater capacity to do greater things, because 2 are better than 1...

You should be serving more, you should be winning more souls, you should be more and more of a carrier of the presence of God! Dont mock God by saying, "Oh, when Im single, I can accomplish so much, now that Im attached, Im doing lesser and lesser," its like saying, 'God, you're wrong, 2 is less than 1, I think your creation project is bugged'.

Not only are you mocking God, you are mocking the law of mathematics and science lol. True? Haha. Come on, God says, "Give me your heart"...so keep your brain.

Unless of course, you obviously got the wrong person as your partner, someone who doesnt flow with your vision. Then..what are you doing about it?

Hearing the stories from Dr Kim really inspires me. Her fervency and passion at her age. From her testimony, I believe...

Your relationship with God is not strong because you have a good partner.
But your relationship with your partner is strong because you have a good God!

Wearing the armor of God, living a life of prayer, all these are the basics, but Dr Kim really put forth a strong message. Suraj was saying during sound debrief, even though we might not be able to catch every word from the message, but what's important is that we catch the SPIRIT behind the message.

He was sharing how when he was in Ps Ulf's church in Sweden, even though the sermon was in Swedish and he didnt understand a thing, yet he caught something because he was willing to sensitize his spirit to the things of God.

Celgrp today was great. It really broke through I believe. Its been awhile since we had such a good one. Every week Ive been praying, God..please break through this week, if You dont show up, Ill feel very stressed and discouraged.

Every week I would pray, God you are faithful, you have done it for us once, twice, thrice, you can do it again. Every week I would pray and confess, sometimes I may feel discouraged, not because I messed up or whatever, I feel discouraged when God doesnt show up so tangibly like He did the past few times.

It feels like, "God, Ive took time off, gave my energy, sacrificed my sleep, to serve you and your people, and I leave the place, not encountering You..". Its kinda sad.

But I believe God has His own timings and seasons. And today was the day of breakthrough. Its so amazing..haha..I was praying with Adam in thad's room, and I 'so happened' to pray, "God..today WILL be the day of breakthrough!" And..it happened. =))

I was like, man..every week Im gonna pray like that hahahaha. And God is just speaking so clearly to us 2 things..

1. The lost CAN be found! Just listen to all the recent testimonies. =) I believe its no coincidence.

2. Thad's illustration of the game we played today, showing that how in our lives, we can be scattered all over the place, it was a great illustration and I was so blessed haha, and I would like to add on..something I just thought of. :D

Just like in e game how we are scattered, we all have those slips of paper on our backs right? So all of us, have a calling from God. But we may not see it, yet God sends people into our lives to help us achieve our destiny. And its our responsibility to choose the right ones haha.

Even if we choose the wrong one..even if we kena 'saboed' hahahaha, all things will work out good! HAHAHA!!! AMEN? LOL.

And please..the dinosaur thing was so funny and lame...ROFL! From now on we use our 'E420 secret code' k? hahaha..jkjk.

Adam was talking to me in the room, about ministering, ushering the presence of God and I learnt many things. Even though my tears were rolling, even though my nose was on the verge of dripping, I couldnt stop, I had to keep on going.

Finger cramp, leg cramp, I couldnt stop, I had to keep on going. It might sound unreasonable and extremely demanding, but thats how it is. Its all about respect and reverence. Just like a foot drill, no matter how tired you may be, you stand still and you dont fidget.

Its a form of discipline if I can put it. lol. I really learnt alot from my 'talk session' with Adam. Hahaha. Every word he says is like treasure to me. =)

No one said it was a glam job. I looked pathetic and ugly with all the tears and a semi-dripping nose, it might sound disgusting but there was one moment, it actually dripped and I kinda 'sucked' it back hahaha, not being able to wipe them off, but I was happy, just to be an instrument for God to use.

Are you mary or martha?

Its all about having that childlike faith and simplicity of heart. Having a love so deep it makes you look foolish in front of the world, love that compels you to do the ridiculous, to experience the miraculous.

Pastor Kong was so funny today...

"People say, 'Show me God and I'll believe!' Yayaya, okay lor, 'Show me air and I'll breathe...'"

LOL! Hahaha!

Another thing that surprised me was, when I reached the main audi, I was shocked to see Ps Tan standing and guarding the door at lift 1-2-3. It was as if he was doing the work of an usher. Dont ask me why he was there, I was pretty shocked myself.

I was like, "Whoa..Hi pastor". The hall was surprisingly empty. So yea. It wasnt easy for the ushers to move me to my seat. But even though the sermon was like 30min plus, Im glad I caught something.

Everyday, Your presence is all I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home