Androne

Sunday, January 17, 2010

JAMS, S4

Serving was great. Though it was hard cus I didnt know what to expect, I merely volunteered out of a desire to bless others, yet the experience itself was more valuable than anything else.

The moment you step out of your comfort zone, and position yourself in a place of responsibility and rely on God, even though you have no experience or knowledge or ability to handle the situation, but because unless God moves, He wont be glorified, God will make sure He sees you through and you end up realizing that you could actually do something you never thought you could...

Because its not by might, nor by power, but by His spirit.

2 girls made an impact, no not the JAMS church workers, but the JAMS members themselves. There was incident where one of the workers spilled something on the floor, so I went to help clear the mess.

Upon seeing that, one of the girls nearby, went round, looked for a serviette, and started to stoop down and wipe the floor for us! I was so moved, even most of my friends dont do that...haha oops. I almost teared just seeing that act, at the same time, just impressed and dumbfounded..loss for words.

Another girl, when they started worship, the song leader told everyone, 'come, let us lift up our hands to worship and love our God', this girl just went to the aisle cus the row was squeezy, and she just knelt down right in front of me! :O

Amazing and I was on the verge of letting go my tears already..and then when they sang the song again, she went another level lower, she prostrated in the presence of God! ... Even though no one else was doing it!

I just lost myself...tears kept on flowing down my face. It no longer mattered if I was in the midst of a special crowd, at that moment, it was just me and God all over again...

I mean, here is an intellectually disabled, first, taking initiative to help out and to serve, secondly, no holds barred, worshipping God with all her heart, soul and strength. Some of them had tears in their eyes and my heart just melted..

No wonder the presence of God was so strong..even during praise, I already felt like crying, the atmosphere was just that thick. They may not have much, but the little that they had, they surrendered it to God. And THAT...is true worship, and the presence of God moves in an atmosphere of worship!

I caught hold of something, you got to be there to experience it for yourselves. Sometimes we can get too 'sophisticated' and so much of a 'professional christian', we tend to forget the simple things, the little things that really matter to God.

If they can do it, how much more should we!

Your relationship with the world as a whole (marriage, family, education, finances, etc), is only dependent on your relationship with its Creator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home