Androne

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Service, Notes

Triple Encounters

First of all, I have so many things to thank God for.

I wanna thank God for great parents. Sometimes you wonder why they do the things they do, and you really have consider that perhaps they were brought up that way, and thats how they were taught.

Not everyone is as fortunate as us and I really thank God for great pastors, friends and leaders in my life. I mean, in the generation we live in, things change pretty fast, we learn to encourage, we learn to build up each other, we learn to love and to express our emotions.

In the past we were taught to fear, now we are taught to step out and take the step of faith!

Thank God I dont get angry for more than 30 minutes to an hour lol. And God really moved greatly last night. I had to let it out. Because if I dont, I dont know what will happen. And so, desperately, I messaged Adam a whole load of crap I must say, as well as some things that I shouldnt.

And just now adam was telling me, "You know why I didnt reply? Because I felt God telling me 'now is not the time'". What's amazing is that..at that same moment, I was alone, locked up, and crying in my room, cried until I fell asleep.

I didnt know what God was telling Adam. I didnt get a reply from him, I was expecting him to call me up straight away or something, at least a reply. But whole night, no reply, I said many mean things. But still no reply.

And finally God showed up. And He talked to me personally and I just poured my heart out. I needed someone to talk to, I needed a shoulder to lean on, I needed a friend by my side. I was giving up, I was breaking down, I was losing all hope, losing all faith, losing everything, it felt like death.

And right there and then, I encountered God. And I dozed off soundly, with tears flowing my face, this time, tears of joy, tears of gratitude, tears of repentance, tears of longing. Even as I knelt down on my bed, I was hot all over my face. My knees shook and my hands trembled. I cried out from the depth of my being..

I was no longer angry at my parents, I was angry at the devil. I was no longer depressed, I was hungry. And God came to my rescue. When all else fails, God never fails.

I was expecting my mum to scold me too, but by the grace of God, I was kinda surprised she didnt. She became God to me, endured my nonsense, saw through my pain and spoke right into my life. Most people see anger as hatred, but anger is really hurt, anger is disappointment.

You are angry, not because you hate someone, you are angry is because you LOVE someone, but some things happen and you feel your love, your efforts have been in vain, have been 'disappointed'.

This morning I had another encounter. Thats twice in a row. And just now during service, THREE TIMES! THREE ENCOUNTERS in 2 days! Praise God for that! The second encounter this morning, is linked to what happened to me during service.

I was in my room as usual, and I was under the fig tree. (For those who attended Dr. John Avanzini, you'll know about the fig tree). And right there and then, under the fig tree, as I looked through and counted, tears came down..

God, I have been sacrificing, God, I have been loving, I have been serving..Ive done so many things, God, I really done my best..Why..? Why..? Why..? God dont ever leave me, I cant live one day without Your presence..

Without You I can do nothing, God..take this broken vessel and use it to make Your name great, use it to bless others, and to fulfill your purpose!

And during service, Ps Derek gave a word and that word HIT me, straight into my inner most depths!

Andrew, you have been sowing, you have been sacrificing, but you say, where is your breakthrough, you are tired, you are worn out, yet you remain strong and commited. You have been through a lot, yet you still smiled and remained strong. When others strayed away, you chose to walk the narrow way, when others have given up, you chose to keep on walking the narrow way. Take heart, your breakthrough is coming, keep on giving, keep on loving, keep on pressing on, because GREAT IS THEIR REWARD for those who endure to the end!

I stood there, my hands and knees trembled. Tears were flowing down like rivers, fire of God was all over me, I felt like I could fall any moment. Im hoping they put up the service video cus Im gonna record it down! It was a direct word for me.

It was exactly what I encountered at home. And right there and then, I was lost in the presence of God. The sermon was great too. I have made that CHOICE to change. Have you?

My life has changed, has yours? I love God more today than yesterday, I have more encounters this week than last week? Have you broken through? Or are you still the same?


Just a few short sermon notes:

Change in direction > Change in action > Change in destiny
Life is one CONTINUOUS change!

Salvation is not a one time event! Dont think you've arrived just because you pray, dont think you've arrived just because you go to church and read the word! You have been saved, you are being saved, you are going to be saved.

Redemption > Sanctification > Glorification

To repent is to RE-PENT.
"Re": To go back to
"Pent": The highest place; The highest level of thinking. (Thats where you get the word, 'PENT-house', etc.)

You need change to grow! Change is necessary for progress!

Process of change:

1. DECISION
2. DEDICATION/DEVOTION
3. DISCIPLINE

It takes COURAGE to hear the truth!

Reasons why people dont change:

1. PRIDE - e.g. "Im okay! Not my fault whaaat! Nothing's wrong with me..", etc.
2. FEAR
3. REBELLION - living in denial, "Huh? I dont need to change what, THEY need to change", etc.
4. LAZINESS
5. IGNORANCE - "I didnt know I need to change", etc.

Fools wont change! Deadmen cant change!

When change is necessary, not to change is destructive. - Dr A.R. Bernard

Prov 1:20-24, 5

There are 4 groups of people:

1. The simpletons. (All of us start out as novices)
2. Fools. (If you choose not to change, you'll end up as a fool)
3. Scorner. (As a fool, you attract/hang out with MORE fools! And the gathering of fools end up being scorners. Always critical, judgemental and cynical!)

4. The wisemen. (The hear the voice of wisdom, they are open to instruction, open to criticism and they make quick decisions to change).

He who wins souls is wise; He who wins FRIENDS is wise.
On the contrary, he who loses friends is a fool.
(Everyone dislikes you, everyone hates you, nobody wants to hang out with you, nobody wants to talk to you, etc)

(You dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out do you?)

You dont have to wait UNTIL there's a crisis for you to change. Make the decision to change the moment you hear the voice of wisdom! Dont wait until you're FORCED to change!

Either you lead the change, or the change leads you.

If you wait until the change leads you, then dont complain when it brings you to places you dont want to go.

Your ability to LEAD that change, will determine your success in life.


Video 21 uploaded! And random thoughts.

I wont post the video here, I think this post is long enough haha. Just click on my youtube link to the right of the page =)

After service went bedok int to makan and fellowship. Me, Elaine, Thomas, Thad and later Timo, we chatted initially about some hot topics (Girl vs Boy issues) then we sidetracked automatically to talk about the type of people you reach out to, what are your views on this and that, etc. It was really fun and fruitful.

I dont really like a rahrah environment. I dont know, its just me lol. Im not a rahrah person. Id love to hang out with people who share about God, their encounters or issues of life. I like talking about deep, practical and spiritual things.

Because no one turns me on more..than God! hahaha.

I mean..I dont mind a little bit of rahrah, but it doesnt draw me as much LOL.

Time for Auld Lang Syne? Nope. Time for asp.net.vb O_O.

Tomorrow doing stage! Waaaaah! :O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home