Androne

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Unequally Yoked + Opportunities (SUPER LONG)

Was at KFC just now after S4 with Prija and Priya, shared many things, learnt many things..truly fellowship should be centered around God, that is how we grow. :)

First of all, both of them were telling me at the start of the service, 'hey andrew, you should consider joining City News as a writer..', my first reaction was to brush off the idea, simply because it was unusual, weird and something out of my comfort zone...

But when I thought through, I began to realize...hey, I love typing, and I love to express things in words...not in speech, but in words. And I dont deny I type a lot and Im able to effectively express myself in this area. So it dawned upon me like, hey...why didnt I think of that?

And I realized, just because you're comfortable at where you are now, it doesnt mean its God's best for you. Somewhere down the road, God may have other plans. Like I said in my revelations before, that if we settle for what is merely good, we will never reach the level of God's BEST for us.

We just have to be aware, be open for doors of opportunities God is giving us. In terms of career path, its not easy to go into journalism or to be a writer for any publication/mass communications company.

Maybe IT is just part of the package. I dont know...God is doing a work and He is equipping me.

And so..this came as an eye opener for me that hey, I didnt realize all this while, I was good at typing and expressing myself with words, it was something natural for me. And yet I failed to realize the significance and the importance of it.

S4 was great...what was it about? Check my tweets haha. I tweeted alot :D

The second opportunity that dawned upon me was when I mentioned to some that since my grandparents passed away, Ive been asked if I wanna accept their property under my name and I hesitated for awhile. Looking back at all the testimonies in church, I know without a shadow of a doubt, that this is an open door.

Property value change frequently, sooner or later it will come to a point of appreciation, and when you sell at an appreciated price, you gain at least 50k-100k profit, at LEAST.

Most of the millionaires in church, they prosper in the area of property, God brings in the deals, God guides them to the right property at the right time, they prosper. Many of them own multiple properties now and most of them are investment properties.

Either they loan it out for passive income, or they wait till a point where it appreciates before selling it off and buying even more properties.

At the beginning of my NS life, I had a vision, of million dollars by 30. It is possible. The moment we say we cant, is the moment we will never obtain it. Many millionaries in our church are in their 30s, 40s.

The youngest millionaire in singapore was recorded in the straits times, I think age 22 or 26, I cant rem. It was years ago but hey, it is possible.

I came to know that a 3 room flat in central area is worth at least 200k. Appreciated value can go up to 350k-400k. Now...before Im 30, I have 7 more years.

In 7 years, its possible to at least claim 2 properties and sell at an appreciated price. By faith, the second one will be of higher value than the first.

With the increase in the hundreds of thousands every few years...reaching 1,000,000 is no big deal. If God's people are willing to build HIS house, He will build our house! We got to know who we are, and what we have, the promises God has given to us.

And by the way, it excludes my job and Ill probably look for a second source of passive income. Gotta go do some research soon. Im really going all out for my dream haha.

Today's testimony was just powerful, how God can make arragements so that the couple dont even need to pay any downpayment.

It was just amazing. And we're not talking about paying via instalments, these guys purchased properties CASH over a period of 1-3 years. We live in a generation where our level of faith = $48,000,000 CASH, debt free! No problem! And this upcoming arise and build, once again, its gonna prove time and time again that God is faithful and that we can never outgive Him. $310,000,000 CASH, debt free! No problem!

This year, my goal is 10,000 before the end of the year. Ive been praying with sean almost every week and we believe we will see it come to pass. God had already spoken a word through Ps Niko, this year will be a year of restoration and abundance! But for that to happen, the only way for income to come in, is for me to work. Then God will bring in the increase!

If you dont believe it, you will never have it. Period!

Only Satan says, 'It cannot be done'. We live in a generation where people despise big dreams, thats why they never achieve anything great!

Learnt today that we shouldnt keep on asking for signs for God's will, He will NEVER, or should I say, SELDOM, give you a sign. Whatever you desire, if you seek Him first, He will be with you. PERIOD! Whether is it option A or option B, it doesnt matter. God, your heavenly Father is asking you, "My son, my daughter, what do you want? Sweetheart, what do you want?"

What a funny relationship, if we were to:

God: Dear, what do you want? Ill provide for you and support you.
Us: Erm, I dont know, what do You want, God? I want what you want. If what I want is not what you want, then I wont want after that which I want to want.

God asks you what do you want? And you ask God what does He want?

hello....YOU WILL NEVER GET ANYTHING DONE!!! :)

The least God expects from us is the basic attitudes...Faith, Positive attitude, Commitment, Sacrifice, A life of giving, serving, worship, devotion, etc.

But in terms of interests, hey...God has everything, you think there will be something so exciting for God that He's willing to lay aside something to go for it? Wait a minute there! He already has everything! Now He's asking you, what do you want? You have not because YOU ASK NOT!

That is relationship. Just ask any couple, yes, we expect our partners to have a certain level of character, but other than that, dont we too, as humans, ask them what do you want? What do you think? Would you be interested in...? WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY???? ;)

Its always give and take. Yes, God wants things done and we do it for Him. But He's not a dictator, He too will ask us, what do we want because God is love and love desires to GIVE!

Now, on the subject on being unequally yoked with unbelievers, what does it mean? Its not merely a state of religion or beliefs..but like Priya shared, its about the phases in life.

Age is not a factor and I totally agree.

Ask yourself, at what phase of life are you at now? How much have you gone through as a person? Then compare with the person you wanna be with? Are they at the same level? Or are they worlds apart?

Example...

You've been through a lot, for me, passing on of my grandparents, growing up alone, having people come and go, I know what faith is, what sacrifice and commitment is, I know what it means to fight the devil head on, etc.

But if my partner-to-be is at a phase where she's only struggling to understand the revelation of faith and grace. Then there will be a conflict.

When trials come, the more spiritual one will always be the one encouraging. For him/her, that person will feel drained, like why am I always the one giving. While the 'younger' one will feel, Im so useless.

So to find someone going through the same phase as you spiritually, is hard. But again, not impossible.

What phase are you at? You have to know yourself very well before you proceed to know others. Thats why its important to first be secure in who you are in Christ, FIRST. And God will bring in the tests for you to see that.

Does the person you're with spiritually, are going through the same phase as you? You two may not be unequally yoked, but can you say you both are equally yoked? ;)

Think about it.

Young or old, it doesnt matter. The purpose of marriage is to be more like Christ, to expose you to the ADVANCED LEVEL tests in life.

Another thing about being unequally yoked, the moment you two are married, God sees you both as ONE. So when He sets a test for you as a couple, if you two are not spiritually at the same phase together, its very hard for you to work together, and the "DIFFICULTY LEVEL" of that test, is according to the average level of spirituality.

So if you have one very mature partner, when God sets a test at a high level for the couple, it will be very hard on the younger one, because God sees you both now as one, it no longer takes into consideration your individual spiritual phases.

If you have a not so mature partner, someone new in the Lord, when God sets a test at a low level, the more mature one will feel, hey, this is ridiculous, why is my life so stagnant? Why am I not growing? Etc..

You will never be happy. Your life will always be ups and downs, never coming to a place of fulfillment and enjoyment, a life of abundance that God has destined for you. You two may get through life together, but it will be tough.

God wants us all to be happy...but believe me, He knows what makes us tick and what makes us happy, so trust Him for it. :)

To say that God cant bless you is to say that God is not real.

If you wanna be a champion in life, have a champion mentality, not the singaporean mentality. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home