Androne

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

True Worshippers - Testimony (Long Post)

Ever since I went for double service last week, even though Ive heard e sermon before, but I went there just to be with God, to linger, and to worship Him, things began to change within 24hrs.

1. I got to have a taste of what its like to sit among leaders during the service.

Yes, I sat on the second row, right behind pst. The environment is totally different. The people really engage, which I feel we all should improve on.

2. I passed my shooting even though I failed.

Passing marks is 60. I got 60. But 4 of the shots werent mine. My gun jammed 4 times, and each time, the instructor (marksman) fired off that spare round for me. All 4 times, his shots were so precise they look like 4 dots in a straight line. :O

Back then in basic training, I passed also because of an instructor's shot. My finger was small and weak + I had injured it after firing non-stop for 32 hours (2x4 hrs a day, 4 days). So I passed and qualified for an additional $100 operational allowance for my posting...when in actual fact, I was suppose to fail. Haha.

Indeed God is good. lol. I could walk around with a gun, doesnt really mean alot cus it was Him who made me look good. Even though I failed, but because I put Him first, He turned my failure into something good! Not once, but twice!

3. Unexplained Cyberactive membership discount.

Haha...my previous post, $47 instead of $50 when Im not a member :O Dunno why, dunno how.

4. Stronger friendships and the end of my season of testing.

Ive been going through an emotional rollercoaster for the past 1-2 months, it was only after I put worship first, that within 24hrs, everything seemed to take a turn. I may not be fully out of the furnace yet, but things are certainly changing.

Even though similar situations are surfacing, yet the one who is IN it, is not so similar anymore. ;) God has always believed in us and knew our potential more than we even know ourselves.

When we were young, God treated us like babes. He spoonfed us, He told us what is right and wrong, He pampered us with His encounters, His revelation and anointing, etc.

But as we grow older, He though we are still children in His eyes, He treats us like an adult. He no longer tells us what is right what is wrong. Everything is given to us, His Word, the Bible. The power of prayer. He wants US to do the seeking, to humble OURSELVES, to renew our minds, to thirst and hunger after Him.

Yes, the obvious wrongs, He will prompt us, but for small issues, like friendships and relationships, career/educational choices, etc. He expects you to hunger for the gift of discernment. Not all the time He will tell us who is right, who is wrong, is he the one, is she the one, why am I stuck, why is there no breakthrough, etc.

If Jesus is gonna sleep THROUGHOUT the storm, what will we do then? Are we gonna continue to grumble and complain about being stuck when we already have the answer within our grasp?

When we have to crawl, He is there to help us. But babies have to learn to WALK. Even then, we are still babies! A grown up person takes responsibility and ownership over his/her own life.

Thats why God is so 'bu ke qi' when He casts us into the furnace to be purified.
You will never learn to swim unless you are placed in the water.

Even Jesus learned obedience by the things He suffered. God gives permission to certain things, not to break us, but to really stand by us and see what we would do, how we would handle the situation. Have we really grown up? Etc.

Yes, it hurts Him, so...if we really love God and if we are really smart, we would do our best to avoid having to force God to 'disciple' us. You got to learn to disciple yourself. Everything is already provided.

Learn to ask correctly,
Learn to receive by faith,
And learn to act accordingly.

We make mistakes, yet we cant blame God for not 'shielding' us. We are grown ups now, we can rationalize, we can think for ourselves, and we have the power to make decisions, dont blame God for what He didnt do, 'IT IS FINISHED!'. We only have ourselves to blame.

God WILL prevent us from being burnt to death,
But He may not always shield us from getting burned at all.

He will not let us die, but He may permit us to suffer.

Thats just how life is. If we have to learn things the hardway, He will do it. So dont wait until God does something then we learn, then we wake up our idea!

The children of Israel built the golden calf, the grumbled to God. So God told Moses, since they want the promise land so much, He will send an angel to destroy the enemies of Canaan, BUT...His presence wont go with them!

I liked what Ps Tan said in S4...

"Dont show attitude to God. You think God cannot show His 'attitude' to you as well?" :)

Repentance is a 180 degree change in thinking.
And walking down the right path.

If we are gonna face the wall, then forever you are going to bang into it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home