Androne

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Memorable Sunday [Long Post!]

The typical sunday, what would I do?
If Im serving on saturday, Ill go for make up service.

Today, I volunteered to accompany Zen for service.
Its so amazing how in the same message alone, you can receive a different revelation.

There's no such thing as same sermons, only the same God who works differently through the most mundane, boring things, through common grace..in fact, you wont really know how God moves, you just gotta flow with Him.

So after service, I met up with a friend of mine. Initially, we intended to shop for her rabbit food and then maybe have lunch and Ill go home after that.

I guess...with God in the center, things turned out way differently than I expected.

While shopping for the pet food, more than just a large packet of food, there was also a whole new cage, and another large packet of grass bedding for the cage. So there were lots of things to carry, and it was exciting, in a way, cus Ive never carried a cage before lol.

I dont raise pets, I never touched a cage in my entire life, okay, maybe except hamster cages or bird cages when I played with my relatives' pets.

Btw, mushroom swiss tendergrill is like the THIRD HEAVEN!!!! LOL!!! SUPER NICE.

Anyway, seeing the load of things someone had to carry, I felt convicted and moved, my heart just melted, so I offered to accompany her to carry the stuffs to her grandma's house.

Then again, the hassle of entering and exiting the trains, walking with the items from stations and bus stops, came to my mind and I said, its okay, we'll just cab down straight to her grandma's house..itll be more convenient that way...and then I offered to pay for the cab fare as well, of course, she got shocked and said I was very scary haha.

Cus I looked perfectly normal haha. I always do, even when Im sad or stressed, I still look the same, as if my face is photocopied LOL.

So from boonlay, we cabbed to this place near Paya Lebar. I thought, we would go up, put down the things and thats it.

This is my first, if not second time, Im face to face with a great grandmother, her great grandmother, over a hundred years old! Im so amazed, at the same time Im so moved. The house was small, but very packed with things. So much so that theres hardly any space for 2 people to move about at the same time...

My heart was just so moved with compassion, and there was my friend, setting up the cage, so I offered to help, afterall I couldnt let a friend, especially a girl, do all the work. I told myself, Im gonna set up the cage even though I dont know how.

After a few silly mistakes, and funny moments of me figuring out how to put the 'joints' together lol, we finally finished the cage. So funny, I was the one who volunteered to help, end up Im the one who doesnt know haha.."act like only'', but I guess everything went well.

And then when her ahma bent down to pick something up, I got panicked and scared so I also helped clear up the place.

The rabbits were cute haha. I dunno why but animals seem to be calm around me. Not just the rabbits, my neighbour used to have a dog, and a very noisy one...the one some of you know that barks at 2am to disturb my sleep lol. Even when my cg came over to my place for cg, it will bark at everyone but somehow, everytime I show my face. I will just keep quiet and stare at me with that blurblur look in its eyes.

Another time, my ex-member came over to my place to do recording, she brought along her sister and their pet dog. Even her sister told me, 'how come my dog so guai in front of you ah? she likes you ah?' haha. Well, I dont know myself, what makes me attractive to animals, her dog loved to sleep on my lap.

Btw, the rabbits were female, my neighbour's dog was female, and my ex-member's sister's dog was female. AHAH. Dont ask why, I cant answer that question either! =X

Im not being haolian or what haha, Im not saying what I feel, Im saying what has happened lol. I would seriously wanna know what makes me attractive to animals, especially females. :S

Anyway, back to the cage..

After the cage was setup and the rabbits transferred. My friend went to help her ahma wash the cage. Again, my heart melted and felt so convicted, I offered to help clean the cage. In the midst, I saw her cleaning the rabbit poo, I freaked out and panicked again, so I took over.

And for the first time in my life...there I was, in my tshirt and jeans, washing the cage frames and then, using my hands for the first time, picking up the entire newspaper soaked in urine and poo and disposed it in a bag.

I must say thats e most daring thing Ive done LOL...=/

Of course my hands smelt, I felt so anointed I wanted to lay hands haha. It was already 7 plus at night. After that, I washed my hands, cleaned up and left for home.

I must say that after everything, I was just overwhelmed with emotions.

I began to thank God for the life He has given to me, I saw the living conditions and I was just so moved, I almost cried. And here we are, with all the blessings of a decent life and we take things for granted.

Ive always wanted to know how having a sister felt like. My childhood was one of violence and anger and depression. But I believe God has brought me through the lowest areas in life to make me appreciate the things I have now and to serve others.

Just interacting with her ahma even though I dont understand her language, was enough for me, all throughout, I was just so moved and touched. I began to feel such a greater compassion and burden for people.

It felt like family bonding to me. Even though I was grabbing soaked urine and poo, deep down, I was satisfied, I felt as if my world was complete. The longing to give, to be a blessing, I just felt so happy deep down.

If you cant bear to wash the feet of others, at least offer to make someone's life easier and happier. Even when we were waiting for the cab, I could only pay by NETS.

And I made a mistake by entering a taxi queue, cus I dont get to select the cab I wanna take, in a way, and itll be so embarrassing and troublesome if a cab came but I couldnt pay, then let others board first, etc.

But I swore to my own hurt and trusted God...true enough, a comfortable Comfort Sonata came and it offered NETS payment.

And if you wanna do something, then do it all the way, even if you dont know, at least try your best. Dont be double minded, keep your word, go the extra mile, these are things we learnt and even more so if you are a MALE!

A mature believer is someone with a thick skin, but a heart so thin God can touch.
A heart so thin you can sympathise with others,
Feel their emotions and understand their pain.

Dont just think about yourself all the time.
Yes, I have my dark days of depression, now I know its okay, because Job experienced far worse than me, and every great leader, has their own devils. I realized, if its not sickness, its depression.

Just like what ps kong says, next time you see someone sick, you see someone depressed, dont be quick to judge and condemn and discourage. Dont just tell them, 'ohh its okay, just keep praying, just keep confessing the word, just keep staying positive', it doesnt work all the time!

What people need is strength, not words.
Love, not judgement.
Peace, not confusion.
A ear, not a mouth.
A heart, not a brain.

Jesus didnt just heal the sick with words, but He HEALED them. He didnt just deliver the oppressed by saying 'God bless you', but He delivered them. Wherever the people were in need, Jesus was PHYSICALLY present, during bible times. In the present day, we have His Holy Spirit and His presence. Once again, its all about the presence.

You can have a dynamic preacher that is awe-inspiring and use complicated jargons, yet if there's no tangible love that can be felt, no presence, what good is the sermon? It has NO POWER to change lives!

Gossippers, people who criticise, people who discourage, judge and condemn, YOU ARE DOING THE DEVIL'S WORK FOR HIM!

Suffering for the Kingdom is a privilege, if your life is so-so, or okay or blissful, then sad to say, you dont qualify to join the higher ranks of the Kingdom.

Count it all joy, when you go through trials and tribulations.

To those who go through depression, I am the 'king of depression' lol..I climbed out of my depression on my own all the time, by God's grace of course.

I never had anyone give me a shoulder to cry on, or anyone who set aside time to spend time with me or listen to me, even some people think Im ranting or being negative and they cant be bothered, in fact, whenever I go emo, people tend to avoid me. Yet, I trust in God and I kept on keeping on!

If I can do it, so can you.

Dont ask why, no need for explanations, just trust and obey, for there's no other way.

Greater love has none than this, than for one to lay down his life for his friends.
"My body broken for you" says the LORD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home